Deepest housing for Insta360 x3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gng4life

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all,

I am looking to replace my GoPro with an Insta360 x3. The one requirement is I need a waterproof housing for diving but I can only find ones that are 50m rated. I really need one that is 60m rated, like my GoPro. Does anyone know of a housing that can go to 60 meters or even a custom housing I can order from somewhere? Thanks

Thanks so much! I'm sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email notification so I assumed no one replied.

Yeah, those are some pretty heafty prices. All I need is something that can go 60-70 meters and the second does it but for over $1000 and will have to come from overseas, seems a little excessive. And in a another year or two, they will have new models come out and no guarantee they will fit so not worth it. I guess I'll stick with my GoPro and all the quirks.

Thanks for the help!

All I need is something that can go 60-70 meters
The native housing is rated for 50 meters, so it most likely has the margins to go to 60-70 without imploding. The buttons may get pushed in, but you can take them apart and double up the springs for extra stiffness. I know an Insta360 X3 owner who found hers on the bottom of the ocean after it spent who knows how long there, so that housing is quite reliable.

Back
Top Bottom