DEMA 2010 Price increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friggincold

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received the email that DEMA registration was open. I was going to register but I noticed that non member for exhibits only is now $150 .......I think that's over double of last years. Can anybody confirm that?

I think they should be charging Waaay more than that! I mean, a DEMA membership is worth every bit of $1000.

I mean, think about it. They don't really care about the votes of individuals, ignore what their membership wants, and they made me realize that pouring money into TV ads will save my business. Membership really has it's privileges.

Right?:D

TV advertising is only as good as the underlying show.

Frankly advertising on the golf channel is a waste of time. You have to concentrate your ads in a place where your target market will see them. A place where you get real numbers for a affordable price. You have to advertise in a show about diving like Travelers In Paradise.

Of course I am prejudice. But that's just me!

Yes, the price to get into the show is $150 per person for non-members. I emailed the DEMA show to see if they have logic for the price increase. But I did notice the host hotel is cheaper then normal.

Trade shows for other industries are either free or cheap to get into
I registered for the Surf Show, it's free. I guess our industry isn't big enough to be free, but $150 per person isn't making me want to spend another $1000 or more (meals, flights, rooms, not include time away) to go to the show.

If they think this is going to encourage memberships, they are still missing the fact that the membership isn't offering any tangible benefits for the "normal" dive shop, I really don't care about discounts on large shipments overseas, and the inflatable "scuba Man" costs more to ship then it's worth.

PACKAGES & PRICING

DEMA Show 2010 Registration Pricing

Exhibits Only
On or Before 9/29/10 after 9/29/10
DEMA Member $40 $60
Non-Member $150 $150

Seminar Package
DEMA Member $50 $70
Non-Member $175 $175

Pre-Show Workshop
DEMA Member $180 $185
Non-Member $195 $195

Saturday Only Immersion Pass
DEMA Member $20 $40
Non-Member $60 $60

Peggy S. Kurpinski
NAUI, PADI, SDI, TDI, HSA, PSI Instructor
Owner, Adventures In Diving & Travel, Inc.
Member State of Michigan Underwater Salvage & Preserve Committee
President, SW Michigan Underwater Preserve Committee
Member of Michigan Underwater Preserve Council
838 Apple Blossom Lane
Holland, MI 49423
(p) 616-886-DIVE (3483)
Adventures in Diving

This should thin out the crowd. Is there head really that deep in the sand?

We were just at the Sport Fishing Trade show (ICAST) it was smaller in Sq. footage and number of Exhibitors. But it was in the same complex in Vegas that DEMA will be in.

It was only free to members. And even then thee were not many buyers. All in All a fair showing but not great.

DEMA should be free to members. But the hall is expensive and they do not have a much of a budget. It would be better to increase the exhibitor booth costs and make entry for dive sop owners/buyers free. After all, that is the whole reason for the show. To facilitate communication between manufacturers and the dive shop owners.

How do we see how much the show costs, where there is waste and how can the show save money, and ENCOURAGE people to come.

I know that a lot of resorts and liveaboards will run special pricing if you book a trip during DEMA. Does anyone know if there is a central website where those deals will be posted?

Area you a member? Do you know how much the show costs and how much it makes??

Back
Top Bottom