DEMA Announces 2015 Officers, Committee Assignments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
DNW_DEMA2-100x100.png
DEMA’s Board of Directors met in early March 2015 to strategize ways to help grow our Industry and welcome the newly elected members of the DEMA Board of Directors.  An important outcome of the meeting was the election of Board Officers and the formation of seven committees and the selection of individuals to chair them.…
The post DEMA Announces 2015 Officers, Committee Assignments appeared first on DiveNewswire.

More...

Reactions: RJP
DNW_DEMA2-100x100.png
DEMA’s Board of Directors met in early March 2015 to strategize ways to help grow our Industry and welcome the newly elected members of the DEMA Board of Directors. An important outcome of the meeting was the election of Board Officers and the formation of seven committees and the selection of individuals to chair them.…
The post DEMA Announces 2015 Officers, Committee Assignments appeared first on DiveNewswire.

More...

Well, everything is going to be ok then for the dive industry...whew..that was close!

Well, everything is going to be ok then for the dive industry...whew..that was close!

Which committee did you join, Chris?

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 06:27 PM ----------

For anyone who'd prefer to light a candle rather than continue to curse the darkness, below are the various DEMA committees and their members:

Have a question? Ask it.
Have a concern? Raise it.
Have an idea? Share it.
Want to help? Do it.

Committees.PNG

I did not join any.

It is my position that DEMA has done more harm than good for the dive industry.

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 06:27 PM ----------

For anyone who'd prefer to light a candle rather than continue to curse the darkness, below are the various DEMA committees and their members:

Have a question? Ask it.
Have a concern? Raise it.
Have an idea? Share it.
Want to help? Do it.

Committees.PNG

I did not join any.

The internet truly does need a "sarcasm" font.

It is my position that DEMA has done more harm than good for the dive industry.

And, it would appear, that your position is seated firmly on the sidelines.

Believe me, I can bitch and moan about any topic with the best around. But it seems that in a situation where your help is invited, those who choose not to participate sort of forfeit the ability to credibly complain about what is and isn't being done.

And, it would appear, that your position is seated firmly on the sidelines.

Believe me, I can bitch and moan about any topic with the best around. But it seems that in a situation where your help is invited, those who choose not to participate sort of forfeit the ability to credibly complain about what is and isn't being done.

I don't think so on the first, my read of the industry now is more are feeling how I do than are finding DEMA helpful...however there may be some conformation bias there.

To your second point, I have volunteered in the past and been turned down. I also was asked once to volunteer if I would sign a non disclosure agreement not to discuss DEMA in public (think on Scubaboard) at the end of the whole Unified Dive Industry thing that I was one of the vocal crowd in. I didn't feel that would be the ethical thing to do for me.

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 09:14 PM ----------

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/business-to-business/338710-dema-responds-petition.html#post5296929

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom