DEMA FINDS: Neptune Memorial Reef - Artificial Reef/Memorial Garden (cemetery)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..."
I still like the idea of cremation followed by stuffing in a big skyrocket to be launched at dearly departed's farewell bacchanal.

I'm a certified shooter for Grucci and they do this. It's a shell launched from what we call a mortar-a big steel tube.

I like the idea of being part of an U/W cemetary instead of my ashes just being dumped in the ocean while my friends raise a toast.

I just lost my best buddy two weeks ago, he was five years younger than me. Death is definitely a possibility in one's lifetime.

Can you leave a plaque- "Checked your Air?", "I told you I was sick", "see ya soon"

Hi velorider62,

I had the opportunity to dive the Neptune site last week. The weather was great. Visibility was about 50 feet. It was extremely cool to dive through the city and let your imagination go wild as to the past. Lots of sea life...a huge moray has taken residence. It's definitely a peaceful destination and I look forward to when they develop the next phase. If you haven't checked out their web site, it's nmreef.com.

Gee, somehow I missed this booth.
That lower photo above - the thing on the left that looks like a brain coral - I keep hearing that old anti-drug commerical spinning in my head, "This is your brain." then a big splat as the egg gets squished followed by "This is your brain on drugs." These guys can use, "This is your brain. This is your brain on the bottom."
So now that they're advertisers, I bet that the next mod will also be a midwife or debersole can switch from cardiology to OB/GYN. Then Scubaboard can advertise, "Scubaboard - from cradle to grave..."
I still like the idea of cremation followed by stuffing in a big skyrocket to be launched at dearly departed's farewell bacchanal.

Is that the same as the one I read about where they mix the ashes of the deceased with gun powder and take family and friends out on a boat and have a type of fireworks display? If so, I heard they are out of California, but can arrange to come to this coast, but it's expensive. I like that idea, also. My family thought I was warped, but then again, they know I am anyway:D

Hey Sandy Dragon...
Thanks you...!!! I have a question for you: What exactly is the location??? I know the coordinates:
25.41.412 N
80.05.455 W 3.25 miles East of Key Biscayne...
But the other day we went with our boat and we couldn't find it....We used the GPS and we were over the location and nothing....and...there are not marking bouyes...we passed over and over...I jumped to the water with a line while my partner was pulling me...and nothing...we felt a little dissapointed...and...frustrated.... :disappoin

coordinates
25 42.035
80 5.397
have fun when the weather warms!:fish:

Back
Top Bottom