DEMA response to petition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g overdue discussion.

I was at a meeting at PADI HQ some 12 yrs. ago, sitting next to John Cronin, while discussing the problems at DEMA.

It's interesting you mention "12 years ago". That's when I left and PADI more or less took over DEMA.

What a disappointment. I went to the meeting, along, with ScuabPro, Aqua-Lung, Dacor, and others, we were served a nice buffet lunch, got a free hat, and the rest is obvious. We petitioned for change. The change came alright, not at all what we hoped for.

I have never been invited back.

I don't mean to pounce PADI but as to the situation I was involved in Al Hornsby was contacted and he completely turned his back. Ironically, I am a member of PADI!

This year is the first time since going pro and participating on a professional level, that I will not be at DEMA. I am just sorry I won't be there in person to lend my support although my name is on the petition. I will be watching this Board for developments.

For those of you who may be relatively new to the boxing ring, when attacked personally whether for political reasons or otherwise, try your best to put the focus back on the heart of the issue. I suppose what may be remembered is this:
it's not whose right. It's what's right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom