Den Laman + Buddy Dive for tanks (Brilliance or Stupidity?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just retuned this wekend. I'll put my trip report out soon. DL is a great location and we had no problem getting tanks from BDA. You do need to plan ahead for early & late Nitrox dives by placing tanks in your truck or one of the little lockers between DL & Sand Dollar. Air tanks are available until 9:30 p.m. and, personally, I don't mind doing a night dive on air if I forgot to secure Nitrox earlier. I can't see the benefit of satying at DL & using Buddy's for tanks.

Much as I do prefer Buddy's set up to DL, if I was staying at that resort again, I would use their facilities, and simply plan ahead.

Often these days I rent off resort, and have to pick an operator to do the shore packages with. Buddy is my choice then, because I now have to drive, to whatever operator I use, and the 24/7 nitrox/air is optimal. For me.

In a few weeks we will be staying at the Plaza, for the first time. I would certainly not dream of using an off resort package, when I am staying on site, unless there should a significant difference in quality of operator. So far I have been pretty satisfied, no matter who we have used, from Buddy, to Den Lamen, to Wanna Dive. My preference for Buddy's is based on fairly minor variations in operator, and ALL are more than acceptable. After all, it's ALL Bonaire! Beats anything here in upstate NY!

Speuci..We use Buddy Dive (at the Belmar location) all the time (we're down 5 weeks per year) and have never ever had any problems with getting nitrox tanks.

Ditto - we just did this a few weeks ago and no problems. I think on our last dive I had to grab an air tank (I use the smaller ones) but it was our last dive, shallow reef - no big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom