Deploying DAN Saftey Sausage @ depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you have another planned use for the spool, you can pre-load the SMB and spool together, and then you don't have to deal with the line underwater.

I find the oral inflation technique easiest because you are simply transferring the gas from your lungs to the SMB -- adjust your buoyancy to be neutral with your lungs full, put a breath in the SMB (you're still neutral), let it go and put a puff of air back in the wing.

If you inflate from a reg, remember you are ADDING lift the whole time you are doing it, so you have to have adjusted your buoyancy accordingly.

I had to use mine once at depth since I don't have a lift bag yet. Me and my buddy had to float an anchor rope that his friend lost in about 30 ft of water. Just inhale, take the reg out of your mouth and blow into the sausage. As far as how it acts on the surface. It depends on how much line you have. If the line reaches the surface it will just float horizontally, if not then it shoulr stand up. But watch out I don't believe that it has an overpressure relief valve. So don't blow to much into it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom