Depth limits on Canon housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering how deep people have had their Canon housings (with or without camera)

While I wouldn't advocate anyone really pushing the housings to beyond the limits recommended by Canon, I have on several occasions taken my camera to 45m (148ft).

I have found the build quality excellent and with meticulous care one shouldn't have any problems with leaks.

No leaks.

The thing is the orings. As long as they are in good condition and clean you can go really deep.

If you search there is a thread that mentions at what depth the buttons stop working.

Peter

pdoege:
The thing is the orings. As long as they are in good condition and clean you can go really deep.

Absolutely. I did notice however, that my Mode Dial (I have an S1 - WP-DC20 combo) became really tight. Ordinarily I switch between Movie and AP but at 40m I couldn't turn that sucker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom