Desiderata

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captains Courageous for me.

Dave

Not quite as beautiful as my first posting, however, some other choice quotes I like =) They speak mostly toward choosing attitutdes to strive for..
Generous, Patient, Selfless, and Honest

"We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill

“The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough”
Rabindranath Tagore

"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."
Viktor Frankl

"We wander through this life together in a semi-darkness in which none of us can distinguish exactly the features of his neighbor. Only from time to time, through some experience that we have of our companion, or through some remark that he passes, he stands for a moment close to us, as though illuminated by a flash of lightning. Then we see him as he really is.”
Albert Schweitzer

Back
Top Bottom