Desperately need 2 or 3 Deaf divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Dragon

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The FAU dive club is desperately in need of finding 2 or 3 Deaf divers who sign ASL to come on a boat dive with the club 3/29.
The club will pay the full boat seat for them, they just need to bring gear.
Blue Runner (coastal marine) 8:30-2PM, two tank dive, one to Tenneco,
another shallow reef. Advanced divers are prefered, and they must know American Sign Language.
Please contact Jake at jadamss@fau.edu
Mardie

Do they need to be deaf or just know ASL?

Our shop certified a number of divers at Fla. school for the deaf and blind in St Augistine. Try them. They had two teachers that helped us that speak and sign

If they can not get someone who is deaf they will need someone who knows ASL.
Thanks
Mardie

Please contact Jake at jadamss@fau.edu

Wow... a free dive on Tenneco. I can sign "I'm ok", "out-of-air", "shark", and "big shark", "really BIG shark" and "dual pathologies of increasing land prices and taxation, the servicing of which becomes a deduction from the incomes of both labor and capital", but that's about it, although I think I know "I'm hungry".
Normally, I wave my hands and ignore anyone I'm not looking directly at, but that probably wouldn't cut the mustard for this event - still a long swim into the beach after everyone throws me off the boat.
Even when people can hear me, it's mostly gibberish so no loss there.

ahhh, I am deaf and would love to take the day off to go. Too bad I didn't see this before.

Any future dives that require deaf people, contact me via PM :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom