Destination Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coraline_Reef:
FYI - Continental is starting non-stop flights to Bonaire from Houston in December.

Yeah, I just wish I didn't have to stay an entire week. At this point, I only have enough vacation days to do one full week vacation, and then some shorter trips, because I need a couple days for holiday travel. Maybe next year I'll use my week somewhere new, but this year is reserved for Cozumel.

Cozumel is wonderful-but getting a little crowded over the past few years, Loved Cayman Brac -great diving, but not a lot of nightlife.... and very excited to see Bonaire this year. I got the flight from Houston to Bonaire for a reasonable rate on Continental. Another place to consider is Grand Turk--great diving, but a lot like Cayman Brac-not a lot of nightlife. We went to Grand Turk for december but they told us that the whales pass through in February-March and you can hear them on the dives (not spotted very often diving, but the boats will take you out to see them). Would love to see to be there for that!!!

Try the Philippines. Your money will go a long way! The diving is the best in the world.

Have you considered Bermuda? It's more expensive but great diving. Bermuda has great shallow diving with lots of historical wrecks.

Coraline_Reef:
FYI - Continental is starting non-stop flights to Bonaire from Houston in December.

The only problem is that there is only one of those a week
and those flights leave Houston at like
11:30pm or 12:30am and you get there at like 6:00am.
While its tempting, that doesn't work well for me at all.
Perhaps I'm a travel wimp, but I don't like to start off my
trip being really run down and tired. That flight would shoot
my entire first day.

--- bill

My money is on Curacao. Especially if new to diving. Bonaire is great, but a vehicle is needed to get to some of the sites and getting to Bonaire is an adventure in itself. Curacao can be reached through Miami using us carriers. (flew Air Jamaica last year, never again unless a direct flight!) Take a hard look at Sunset Waters Beach Resort.

Kauai, Hawaii is a fantastic location. Not only is the island beautiful with many great things to do, the diving is awesome. The topography of the underwater portions of the island are extremely dynamic and the tropical fish are of varieties you'll see very few other places. The water is warm and visibility is 100+.

Ni'ihau, the island off the coast of Kauai, has some incredible dives and is worth the time and money to go and dive.

David Miner
www.divingindepth.com

I flew Air Jamaica to Bonaire. I will never fly through Jamaica again. They stole equipment and clothes from everyone's bag and when we reported it, the airline did absolutely nothing. Spent hours filling out forms and phons calls both there and when we got home. It was the biggest load of BS that we have ever had on a trip. Get a direct flight to Bonaire and you will save more than any additional cost by the amount of equipment that is not stolen. And yes, our luggage was locked with TSA approved locks when it left the US, but the locks didn't help because they were all cut off. I would love to go back to Bonaire, but will fly direct to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom