Destination with good snorkeling from shore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eleuthera isn't bad either - but the storm last year did some coral damage. Nothing really on the island, so you need to go prepared. We stay in Palmetto Point so we can go either north or south, and try to stay away from Harbour Island :)

Thanks Steve ! I have actual been to several of the places on your list but have not been to St Johns or VG,will read up some more on those. I really do want to find spots that boats cant get near. I was hit by a boat in Roatan and have a major fear of them now !!! Wont stop snorkeling but not at fearless as I use to be.I see you live in Phx,I'm in Tucson so I drive down to San Carlos.Mx a lot to get my snorkeling fix !

lynne, how about puerta aventuras? the snorkeling isn't half bad.

If she is adventurous enough the Philippines is chock full of good snorkeling.... the major cost of her trip would be in airfare and accomodations as snorkeling from shore is essentially free... She is welcome to contact me or any of the other active Philippine members.... I have been all over the world and I think the Philippines is great... Guam is Good to...

Cheers.
Roger

Hi Debbbb1, The only boats I remember were the bigger snorkel tour boats from Fajardo,PR. doing days trips, they come in slow and anchor off the reef. Lots of good coral and a fair amount of fish. My uw camera screwed up, so no pics, but DaveC has some good photos from Culebra to give you an idea. The best spots we found were at Carlos Rosario and Melones. We flew to Culebra from Vieques and took the ferry back to Fajardo.
We are also starting to plan our next trip, Thailand was on the top of list, but we have decided to go back to PR and then to St. Thomas, St. John, Tortola, Virgin Gorda and some other small islands on day trips
You might want to check a thread I started titled "best shore snorkeling in world"

Thanks Altarose, I have been doing some reading on that area and it sounds really interesting.I will look for the photos you mentioned. I just joined so thanks for letting me know about the other thread about off shore snorkeling !!! I have been trying to find somewhere to go the last week of Sept,need to narrow down those choices soon :)
I have been to Thailand,its an amazing country and culture.I did some snorkeling (it was ok) but the Historical sites,food and people were the draw for me.Loved the Northern regions !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom