Devils Throat TAKE LIGHT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pilot fish:
Again I will say, it is not eay to come on this Board and relate an error in judgement, a mistake, or accident. When a person has the courage to do that, as Tex 53 has done, it would be nice if people would adjust their tones a bit so as not to diminish the good points they make. None of the advice here has been bad , it is just the damn tone that people, like me, are taking exception to. There is a right and a wrong way to talk to peole and to me a lot of this has been harsh, which delutes the sound content of what is being said. In other words, say it nicely and stop shouting in this man and his wife's face.

No, it does not have to be fru-fru and smarmy, that is worse, but it could be offered in a more constructive way.

"THe Board" is often brutal...I have "taken it" on here and "given it out" on here....But it's not as brutal as Techdiver used to be years ago....

These are lessons learned (includng posting on here). There have been lots of good points for the 4,000 plus views so far !

An accident and "near miss" are very close but the survivor of the near miss can recount most of what happend and share the experience for others to reconsider their diving skills.....that would mean keeping in practice for most people, as when the S*** hits the fan you are prepaired. In this case, reg recovery and clearing.

I hope the wife does decide to get back in the water.... My Course Director shared a rebreather incident with me where his wife had a near drowning...she just decided that rebreathers weren't for her and continued with her dive career. In this case it could be to not do caverns......

Most, if not all ,the people posting or viewing are glad the both of you are together to share the experience....good or bad.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom