Did sherwood suspend mnfg compact hp tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjacobydc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was thinking of getting another sherwood/asahi compact hp steel tank. I've been checking around on websites and people seem to have stopped carrying them. Does anyone know what is up. I already have one that I really like.

Thanks for any info out there.

Don't know that it is. It was what my LDS was carrying and it felt much more comfortable . Like that shorter tank for the HP80.

Don't know that it is. It was what my LDS was carrying and it felt much more comfortable . Like that shorter tank for the HP80.

I don't see how you can make a smaller tank if the amount of air is the same and the pressure is the same. It's going to be the same volume of air chamber by definition, and the size of the steel wall is also fixed by need for mechanical strength.

The Worthington is cheaper and more readily available.

Adam

Hey Adam thanks for the input. I think I might need to switch to a Worthington. Just hate to have unmatched tanks- maybe the specs aren't that different. Do you have the HP version and how do you like them?

Melissa

Hey Adam thanks for the input. I think I might need to switch to a Worthington. Just hate to have unmatched tanks- maybe the specs aren't that different. Do you have the HP version and how do you like them?

Melissa

I have the HP100 made by Worthington and sold under the XSScuba label. These are great tanks made in Canada. When swithing from Al80 to the HP100 I was able to shed 7-8 lbs of lead. And it's a nice size for recreational diving. It comes with a dual valve that works with DIN and Yoke regs.

Here are the specs:
XS Scuba Worthington Steel Cylinder Specifications

Many dive shops carry them.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom