did something a bit different this morning ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This morning I joined three of my friends on the radio program “Weekday” to talk about our favorite subject … scuba diving. It was a live broadcast, and totally free form … none of us knew who was coming (it turned out coincidental that we all knew each other) nor what the show host was going to ask us to talk about. The show was a lot of fun, and was interspersed with some recent experiences by members of the radio station staff.

The biggest surprise for me was who was on before we were … Tom Brokaw! I thought the warm-up act was supposed to go first.

Anyway, if you’re so inclined, you can listen to the show by clicking this link and selecting the media type of your choice … (warning … the program’s an hour long) …

Seattle's Underwater Explorers

… Bob (Grateful Diver)

Good job, Bob! I listen to that show whenever I can, which is almost never, because I'm at work. I thought it went pretty well. It kills me how nobody ever says, "I went all the way down to 250 feet!" instead it's always (in very casual voice) "I usually keep it above 250." Cheers!

I thought it was fascinating, how the interviewer focused on the wrecks -- it was clear that Puget Sound wildlife wasn't nearly as exciting as wrecked airplanes and derelict ships!

I thought it was fascinating, how the interviewer focused on the wrecks -- it was clear that Puget Sound wildlife wasn't nearly as exciting as wrecked airplanes and derelict ships!

The show host expressed an interest in the wrecks prior to the show, so we had a clue that's where the focus might be. We were joking afterward how we ran out of minutes long before we ran out of things to talk about.

Overall, I thought it went pretty well. It was interesting listening to the show last night ... and hearing it from the "other side" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

I was surprised to learn about the run-offs into Puget Sound. Sewage diving, yuck.:vomit:

I enjoyed the program especially the portions talking about the critters in Puget Sound. Starfish sightings still thrill me even if they are common. :D Thought it was very brave of Katie, the producer, to do her OW certification in a wetsuit in those water temps.

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I'm not sure Katie's part of the show is going to encourage anybody into the water. Between the shivering you could hear in her voice and her lack of significant enthusiasm, I don't think that segment would be compelling.

I loved the starfish story. I still remember my first dives, where they absolutely astonished me. I confess to still liking them, in all their variety of shapes and colors. Plus, they're lovely creatures about holding still for photographs :)

I think Katie is eager to get back in the water ... although I think she is equally eager to begin her drysuit training. For diving here this time of year, that's a good decision.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Agreed, good segment! Entertaining to listen to for an hour. Maybe you could talk them into making it a regular (at least monthly) segment, get some more people in our forum....

Back
Top Bottom