Did SSI just get bought out by Mares?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on their current business model I would not rule that out of the question. Think about it. Even if it's done with an incentive approach do you really think HEAD (read MARES) will want all those SSI shops to tell them to take big leap off a short pier because they are keeping their Scuba Pro, Aqualung, or Oceanic lines? What do you bet that the recommended total diving system is going to look be all MARES based? Get ready for that folks. No more BPW's for DM's and Instructors - you gotta buy a HUB!

Jim, you are a very insightful man.......

Do have to wonder if there'll be a push to use the god-awful regulators and atrociously built BCDs in SSI centres now....

Huh. According to the announcement, nothing will change. I wonder why this is such a match made in heaven....

Dunno. I've been to Dutch Springs twice and didn't see any.

For the benefit of those that are wondering why we're making fun of the Mares Hub, here's a picture:
avantgarde.jpg

All I can say is if you're going to have an emergency near me, please don't be wearing one of those, since I have no idea what the hell to do with it, and it's likely to undergo "catastrophic disassembly" if I can't make you buoyant very quickly or need to get you out of it in a hurry.

I also suspect that an air share to the surface could become "exciting" and a random buddy would take a while to figure out how to add and vent air.

flots

When I first signed up for OW lessons I was looking at one of these monstrosities, I have to admit. The danger of shopping on line without guidance from SB members.
On the plus side if a c grade science fiction movie gets filmed near you it can be used in the audition for the part of the guy that dies first. Ya know, the one that everybody prays gets eaten, abducted, burned, drowned, or smooshed flat by the monster. HUB - Horribly Ugly Blob

<snip>

On the plus side if a c grade science fiction movie gets filmed near you it can be used in the audition for the part of the guy that dies first. Ya know, the one that everybody prays gets eaten, abducted, burned, drowned, or smooshed flat by the monster. HUB - Horribly Ugly Blob

Be sure to wear a red shirt, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom