Did you shave your mustache to dive??

To have or not to have, the leaking determines the question!

• I have a mustache, leaks a little, I live with it!

Votes: 113 30.9%
  • I have a mustache, I use grease, no leaks that way!

Votes: 13 3.6%
  • I had a mustache, had to shave it off in order to get a good fit.

Votes: 57 15.6%
  • Never had a mustache, my mask never gets wet.

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • Whats a mustache?

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Have a mustache, found a mask that fits.

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • I trimmed the moustache just below the nose... mask works fine!

Votes: 84 23.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I do like the shaving the eyebrow thing, I think I'll keep mine for now! I don't think it would help anyway. The company has been this way for 50 years and has over 6,000 employees all over the northwest, all without any facial hair or hair of any kind that goes over the ears.

Later, Hawk.

I voted on this poll! I could happily answer that I never had a mustache. :)

Now if anybody is going to start a discussion on weather shaving your legs makes a difference to getting the wet suit on?? :mean:

Pia

When will we see a poll about hair on your head?=-) or lack thereof.

Too much gray in the moustache - cut it off.

The only wax I use helps me pick up 1/2 knot with a little buffing! :eek:ut:

NetPro

Shaved it off 15 years ago when I first got certified, and received *no* compliments on the new look -- actually had people come up to me and say, dude, let the 'stache grow back. :(

So now it's part of my persona. I've put up with a puddle in the mask(s) for years. Lately I've been using some different -- borrowed -- masks, ones that I would never buy because they don't pass the "fit test", and they work perfectly with no leaks. Go figya.

g2

I've had one ever since I started diving so see no reason to shave it off. I got used to the mild leakage early on, and as others said it helps keep the mask from fogging!

'Stache or no, my Dacor Integra keeps the water out just fine.

Where's "I have a mustache, no leaks"?

Tusa Platina. Best fitting mask I've ever owned.

Roak

Originally posted by roakey
Tusa Platina. Best fitting mask I've ever owned.

I admit, the Tusa masks fit great with mustaches, but I actually don't [err... didn't since I lost it last night] like my Platina. It does leak some, and the low volume actually is a bit of a problem for me as it feels that the plastic between the two lenses digs into the bridge of my nose.

Prior to the Platina, I had a Pano Geo that I loved, absolutely no leaking even without trimming up prior to diving. The lens broke and I replaced it with the Platina.

Back
Top Bottom