Diet Soda, bad for you ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

now restric my beverages to water, juice, beer, wine and whiskey. In that order.

And they say,life sucks.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If you drink a rum and diet coke while wearing split fins you will...DIE :)

(someone had to do it)

Life is terminal.

And tomorrow morning, everyone wakes up a day older & one day closer to death, unless you 'go' tonite---As I tell all my patients, getting older is a good problem to have, the opposite of getting older isn't getting younger--------

If you drink a rum and diet coke while wearing split fins you will...DIE :)

(someone had to do it)

It's okay to dive with split fins now. There's a new line on the release of liability form that says you understand the risks associated with using split fins.

:wink:

highjack: I tired to make a new post and get this error "You are only allowed to post URLs after you have made 5 posts or more." How do I make it go away. Don't flame me to bad...

highjack: I tired to make a new post and get this error "You are only allowed to post URLs after you have made 5 posts or more." How do I make it go away. Don't flame me to bad...

Make 2 more serious posts.:D

Wow. Four spelling mistakes in 24 words. (The SB quote doesn't count).

Before you are allowed to post on SB, you need to work on your spelling. My advice is to drink a liter of diet soda. I've heard that it instantly improves spelling.

It's not the "diet soda" that is affecting people, it is the aspartame aka Nutra-Sweet. When it came onto the market in the mid 80's, it was during the saccharine scare (which proved to be a bogus study). I, along with other members of my family, are extremely sensitive to aspartame. The real problem is how this product is not just in diet soda, but in thousands of products right down to your toothpaste. Small amounts of the substance tend not to be as problematic, but when you pile the doses in all the products you consume in a day, you can be taking in quite a large amount of the substance.

I was a regular drinker of diet Dr Pepper. They switched from saccharine to aspartame around the late 80's. I started developing severe headaches and neurological issues with gait and would lose all sensations to my hands and feet. It would come and go and at first and my physician thought I may have Multiple Sclerosis. I had many, many, many tests including multiple spinal taps to figure out what was causing all these symptoms. It wasn't until I ran out of diet soda, and was off of it at college that in a few weeks my symptoms disappeared. After some experimentation, I figured out what had been causing the problem. I would get the symptoms with all products containing nutra-sweet, but never had any issues with saccharine or sucralose. After about a year, I was tested along with my brother and we were found to have a severe sensitivity to aspartame.

There are some facts to the claims of nutra-sweet and those that consume large quantities of diet products containing that substance. I am still surprised the FDA hasn't come down on this product. It is in truth, as Dr Janet Hull says, sweet poison.

Aspartame Side Effects

Carolyn:shark2:

The best advice...drink plain water, it's much better for ya! :wink:

Wow. Four spelling mistakes in 24 words. (The SB quote doesn't count).

Before you are allowed to post on SB, you need to work on your spelling. My advice is to drink a liter of diet soda. I've heard that it instantly improves spelling.

tridacna: I have rewritten my original post to read as follows. I hope it no longer offends your sensitive nature… :mooner:

Highjack: I tried to make a new post and got this error "You are only allowed to post URLs after you have made 5 posts or more." How do I make it go away? Please do not flame me, as I am a neophyte when it comes to forum rules and etiquette. I apologize profusely for my plebian approach to this esteemed establishment...

Back
Top Bottom