Difference between Inon UWL-100 lenes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty Bess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I am looking at getting this lens because I believe it has the ability to do "zoom through" with the Panasonic Lumix LX10 but I don't know enough to know what the difference is between these two lenses. Can someone help me out? Thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas!

The difference is significant. the UWL-100 was intended to be used for lenses with a native 32mm to 35mm on the small end of the zoom. The lens is also best used with cameras that have a smaller sensor than M4:3 or APS. The H100 was intended for use on a 28mm lens and may (may) work with some larger sensors.

I have the UWL-100 and it is a fine lens, it works great on my Canon S90/FIX but it has fairly severe Coke bottle distortion with my Sony A6400/Nauticam though still useable.

The difference is significant. the UWL-100 was intended to be used for lenses with a native 32mm to 35mm on the small end of the zoom. The lens is also best used with cameras that have a smaller sensor than M4:3 or APS. The H100 was intended for use on a 28mm lens and may (may) work with some larger sensors.

I have the UWL-100 and it is a fine lens, it works great on my Canon S90/FIX but it has fairly severe Coke bottle distortion with my Sony A6400/Nauticam though still useable.

Thank you sir, I am pretty dense. :bash:

So.... ah let me get this straight, what you are saying is the UWL-H100 "28 M67" Wide Conversion Lens Type 2 is significantly differant and is not as compatible as the UWL-100 Wide Angle Conversion Lens with 67mm (TYPE 2) Thread for compact cameras such mine, correct?

Thanks for the help,
Marty

Thank you sir, I am pretty dense. :bash:

So.... ah let me get this straight, what you are saying is the UWL-H100 "28 M67" Wide Conversion Lens Type 2 is significantly differant and is not as compatible as the UWL-100 Wide Angle Conversion Lens with 67mm (TYPE 2) Thread for compact cameras such mine, correct?

Thanks for the help,
Marty
The LX10 has a 1 inch sensor so on that account it should work. However, the lens is a 24mm at the wide end. You will have to zoom a little to couple with the H100 and a lot with the UWL100. I beleive, you can confirm, that the LX10 lens retreats as it is zoomed from 24mm to about 30mm before it again extends towards 72mm. Either lens may work, I suspect you will have vignetting and distortion around the periphery with the UWL100 but you may get an okay result with the H100. The only way to be sure is to try it. Even then you will need to zoom in to at least 28mm position and there may be minor vignetting in the corners.

Back
Top Bottom