LX10 or Sony RX100 VII zooming abilities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty,

Yes, as I mentioned I have used that pop on "Air Lens" more than any other WA optic since about 2016 when I began using the Canon G7X II in a Fantasea housing.

If I had to summarize likes / dislikes between a Sony and Canon compact it would be the following:

Sony RX100 VA, VII : Great autofocus (my experience with RX100 VII) but counters by menus that are "challenging" and no manual flash choice. A little pricier too......

Canon G7X II: White balancing includes an underwater choice that works great above 30' and no strobes. Much easier to understand menus including a My MENU choice to access 5 choices quickly like Flash Settings, Custom White Balance, etc. Autofocus more than good enough for what I've done.

I can shoot pics with any camera but I kept coming back to the Canon for ease of use.

DH

David if those pictures you shared were shot with the air lens I would be ok with that but how does the housing work if you want to zoom with an air lens on? Do you get an extended port of something like that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom