Differential Hotel Pricing - Guest Nationality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lord Melch:
I would also try booking direct with the Hotel.
They all communicate in English via email and you don't get a travel agent taking a cut.
I looked into doing that. But no matter how I cut it, booking rooms separately and then booking a flight, even a charter flight, couldn't come close to a charter package.
Lord Melch:
Oh IMHO the Swiss Inn next door to the Hilton is much nicer..
Too late. I just signed the contract. I don't want to hear it. LALALALA. :wink:

They're submitting it without our passport information or nationality. Hopefully it'll be accepted by the broker and/or hotel.

The travel agency I'm dealing with directly just called me... they're mystified too why the broker even brought up the possibility we could be charged more by the hotel, just because we're Americans.
Red Sea Shadow:
Hotels offer their agents significantly lower prices than they offer Egyptians, especially those agents in Eastern Europe.
See above. One of the benefits of living in this part of the world! :D It's tough to beat a charter package, if you're dealing with a reputable company and can get convenient dates and times. Our flight back from SSH will be at 04:00. :11:

too late. I just signed the contract. I don't want to hear it. LALALALA. :wink:
:wink: Well one tip is if you or any of your gang want to use a pool, nip next door to the Swiss Inn - it's heated and very nice. The one at the Hilton can be freezing !!
Oh they do great lunch too.

Then next door to the Swiss Inn is clubdahabdiving - pick up some good (English) tips although to be fair most speak excellent English if your Egyptian is not so hot.

Not far away Klaus does free Nitrox - or clubdahabdiving can assist.

My tip would be to dive "The Islands" - two mins in taxi - amazing sights v.nice - stay shallow for great VIZ !!

Have fun.

Lord Melch:
:wink: Well one tip is if you or any of your gang want to use a pool, nip next door to the Swiss Inn - it's heated and very nice. The one at the Hilton can be freezing !!
Yeah, just keep rubbing it in. :wink:

Actually, pool heating may not be an issue in late July.
Lord Melch:
Not far away Klaus does free Nitrox - or clubdahabdiving can assist.
The German-run dive operation at the Hilton, Sinai Divers, also apparently do nitrox for free. They're probably on the expensive side, but convenience is important. And the possibility of doing "house reef" dives right there... though I understand there's not much of a reef or anything else right there.

Oh... so far we haven't gotten any notice back from the travel bureau that anyone is going to charge us more because of nationality. So it's still a mystery why the broker was warning about that.
Lord Melch:
Have fun.
Thanks!

The German-run dive operation at the Hilton, Sinai Divers, also apparently do nitrox for free. They're probably on the expensive side, but convenience is important. And the possibility of doing "house reef" dives right there... though I understand there's not much of a reef or anything else right there.

Oh... so far we haven't gotten any notice back from the travel bureau that anyone is going to charge us more because of nationality. So it's still a mystery why the broker was warning about that.
They are also quite friendly but next door is better :wink:
Not much of a reef actually in the bay (lot's of Windsurfers) but as mentioned the next bay "The Islands" is as good as I have seen - honest. Do it, it's a 2 min taxi ride (secret spot). The dive instructor said it was as good or better than Oz.

None of the superb Dahab dives are more than 15 mins in the taxi (they have special trucks) and remember you pay in Egyptian pounds so peanuts.

You will love it. :D:D

Oh and a word of warning.. Mind the RUM :no:wink::D

Lord Melch:
Not much of a reef actually in the bay (lot's of Windsurfers)
Yeah, I see that from photos and other information. How do they keep the windsurfers off of the heads of divers right there? Buoys that the windsurfers have to stay outside of?

Like I said, I realize the bay isn't real great diving. But it'll be nice to be able to grab a tank at the spur-of-the-moment and just go for an easy quick dive.
Lord Melch:
the next bay "The Islands" is as good as I have seen - honest. Do it, it's a 2 min taxi ride (secret spot). The dive instructor said it was as good or better than Oz.
Where is that? What direction? I'm looking at Google Earth, and don't really see a "next bay."
Lord Melch:
Mind the RUM :no:wink::D
Thanks, but I'm not much of a hard-liquor drinker. Prefer to quaff an $$$ Egyptian beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom