Digital back for Nikon F4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa once bubbled...
If they are talking about ANYONE having 14 MP capability "a few years ago" I'd suggest someone is/was pulling your leg. That capacity only became available in the past few months, and only on a single camera (surprisingly, a Kodak branded camera).

There was an invention called DIGITAL FILM which was supposed to be like a film can with a firm "leader" coming out of it, that could pop into some cameras, but it had battery problems and has never made it to market.

I have a couple of F4's and would love a digital back... but have never heard of one that had near that capacity.

they have been around longer than a few months and 22 megapixels is the highest capacity i have read about and that was a digital back for medium format camera.

all you have to do is read the digital camera mags

plus they have good tips on editing etc.

Hello,

Yes there's many digital backs on the market. I am not aware of any for the nikon F4.

Ed

I have a Nikon F4 cammera. I was told a few years ago that someone made a digital back for it. I believe they stated that it had the capability of 14 million pixels. (Yes, 14 million, not 1.4.)

Who makes it?
Where can I get it?
How much?

You can't. I suspect what you are talking about is the Nikon F4 "Based" NASA Digital Camera. It was an F4 body that was modified to be a full digital camera. It was used on the Space Shuttle for a Long time. You may be able to find one on Ebay, but it would probably be at a killer price tag.

You can't. I suspect what you are talking about is the Nikon F4 "Based" NASA Digital Camera. It was an F4 body that was modified to be a full digital camera. It was used on the Space Shuttle for a Long time. You may be able to find one on Ebay, but it would probably be at a killer price tag.
What a first post.
This thread is over 10 years old!

Nikon patented it:

Nikon patents a digital back for 35mm film SLR cameras | Nikon Rumors

Kodak made one. Nothing modern that I am aware of. I love my F4, but I have enough digital camera's. I still like shooting slides, and developing my own black and white in my own dark room.

Not my actual first post lol, as I lost my old password and no longer had the email address associated to it. I just didn't read dates!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom