Digital dive log books.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odpnick

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My log book is in a sorry state , going away on Saturday to dahab to finally get back in the water after a far to long absence and dug out my log book ready only to find it in a poor condition! Water damage has meant it is difficult to read at best! So I am thinking of getting a digital dive log on my iPad. My question is if I was to continue my education ( considering doing my rescue diver and dm next year) would a dive school accept this as a valid form of dive logging?one of My concerns is the lack of signatures for my previous dives on the log?
Some advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy diving!

I guess if they wanted to be very picky they might say something. However, even signatures can be faked. I have been using a digital log lately that allows signatures if you want them. It is a nice program called Diving Log 5.0. I really like it and I can sync it with my PC.

I'll second the dive log 5 recommendation. I sync my d9 to it then note my dive buddy and if I have it, their agency id. I then sync that to dive log on my iphone/tablet so I have log in my pocket too. Once you get your data into dive log 5 in you can output in a bunch of different formats (including text or HTML). You can also print a nice hard copie you can stick in a new note book should you want it :). I'm anti any app that holds my data captive.

I'm cheap and made a FREE online logbook!

All you need is a:
Gmail account
Computer
10 minutes
Smartphone (optional)

In Google Docs (now called Drive) open Excel and click on the form option. Make a form/survey of the information you want to log with mandatory fields.
Once you completed this, save it and e-mail yourself the link.

I'm now able to log and view my dives from my computer or phone. I only log them from my phone if I'm on the boat back to dock. I perfer the feel of a computer keyboard.

As long as I have Internet access, I have access to my dive log.

When I get my microphone fixed, I will be making a YouTube tutorial for my website.

---------- Post Merged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I think I tried dive log 5 before making my own and didnt like it too much.

Last edited:
I use a nicely set up excel spreadsheet as a dive log! Never had any problems with it not being accepted. If need be, I can easily print it out, and it has all of my dive buddies' info stored in the bottom if there are ever any questions. I have a copy on my phone if I ever need it while traveling. I think I originally got the format from someone on here a long time ago. I would be happy to send it to you if you're interested!

I use a nicely set up excel spreadsheet as a dive log! Never had any problems with it not being accepted. If need be, I can easily print it out, and it has all of my dive buddies' info stored in the bottom if there are ever any questions. I have a copy on my phone if I ever need it while traveling. I think I originally got the format from someone on here a long time ago. I would be happy to send it to you if you're interested!

The Gdocs Form places the information into an Excel which can be printed too. I started with Exel until I learned more about Gdocs

Last edited:
I use MacDive (MacDive) on my laptop to grab data from my computer and enter notes. Both it and Diving Log (Diving Log 5.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen) for Windows will synchronize with Dive Log (Dive Log - native) on the iPhone or iPad. I then have all of my dives in my pocket. The nice thing about this approach as opposed to Google Docs is that it works even if you don't have an internet connection (such as on a dive boat).

I like www.diverecord.com however, there is not a lot of site support these days, but it works just fine. Captures a lot of info very easily. All printable too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom