DIR-F in Tokyo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
TJO has orgainised a DIR-F course in Tokyo 5 to 8 Feb 2004 but he is about to swan off to Thailand (grrrr) so I am posting this for him.

If you would like to sign up please PM me and I will sort things out for you....

Dear friends,

I plan to invite Richard Johansson from Global Underwater Explorers (GUE) to conduct the DIR Fundamental Course here in Tokyo February 5 to February 8. The course will be in English and I hope you will participate.

I am sure you already are familiar with GUE and the DIR Fundamental course. If not, visit http://www.gue.com/classroom/index.shtml and read all about it. I highly recommend it to anyone serious about diving. The attached file describes their standards and requirements.

If you decide to sign up, send me an email or give me a call. There is a requirement to only use DIR approved equipment for the course so you need to be ready to borrow, or make a small investment in some equipment, and you need to have the GUE book as well. The course will be conducted using single tanks and drysuits.

The fee for the course, accommodation, tanks, lead weights, nitrox fills, boat fees, dive center facility usage, Richard's expenses, meeting rooms, and lunches is 138,000 yen (DIR equipment, the book, equipment rental, breakfast, dinner and transportation is not included):

- Theory lecture in Tokyo on Thursday evening (19:00-21:00)
- DIRF Course instruction and coaching for 3.5 days
- DIRF Workbook
- 2 nitrox dives on Friday
- Lunch on Friday
- Accommodation on Friday
- 2 nitrox dives on Saturday
- Lunch on Saturday
- Accommodation on Saturday
- 2 nitrox boat dives on Sunday
- Lunch on Sunday

The two boat dives on Sunday is conducted as extra dives to give you the opportunity to practice what you learned during the course and Richard will be available to further polish your skills.

I will be serving you all as well as capturing you on video for the
evaluations after the training dives. I need a response from you ASAP and 1/3 of the payment (45,000 yen) before November 1st (which can not be returned if you decide to cancel for whatever reason unless you find someone else to take your place). Please forward this email to other divers that may
be interested.

Kind regards,

Thomas

I wish this was a weekend. I might have popped over.

I am back (after 20 wonderful dives in Thailand).

I guess we could change the dates for the course so that we start Friday evening (Feb 6) with theory, do the exercises Sat and Sun, and do the extra dives on Monday. That would be better for jiveturkey - I didn't expect anyone from S Korea to join. (two slots available btw).

There is space for two more in this course that will take place Fri-Sun. PM me.

Friday night and the fun dives will be Friday - come on over jiveturkey, you know you want to!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom