DIR-F, three versus four day course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwim

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking at the future classes scheduled on the GUE website. It shows that some of the DIR-F courses are three days long (Fri, Sat and Sun), while others are four (F, S, S and M). Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Schwim

i got kind of a 2.5 day course, which was very rushed. imo, the 4 day course would be best.

Thanks, that makes sense. The DIR-F class in Ohio used to start Friday night, but now starts at 10AM Friday. Scot (the instructor) told me that it was just too much material to properly cover in that time period. 3 full days instead of 2.5... cool.

Both of the classes I took were 4 day courses.

Tuesday - 3 hours of lecture (6 pm to 9 pm)
Thursday - 3 hours of swim tests, lecture, and gear configuration (6 pm to 9 pm)
Saturday - all day, 2 dives, land drills, and evening lecture
Sunday - all day, 2 dives, and evening lecture

They usually use this method for teaching in Sacramento, but go the Fri, Sat, Sun route for Monterey classes. I think it's primarily a case by case basis determined by the students and instructor(s). I prefer the 4 day classes if given the choice.

~ Jason

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom