Dirty Jobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anybody catch the episode of Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs on Discovery?

Mike Rowe travels to Minnesota where he works to pull a car out of a lake that has fallen through the ice.

Rerun is June 8th 7PM discovery channel

It has Gary form Tri- State Diving Tri-State Diving
working and outfitting Mike Rowe and the production crew in Force Fins and I am not only interested to see it, but to hear the response about that episode from other divers!

I finally saw the episode last night, pulling a SUV out of a frozen lake. They were all wearing Mobby Drysuits and Yellow ForceFin Pros (only the best). Just goes to show you, yet another commercial dive operator moving heavy loads, now how did they do that? maybe it because FF just plain work

If you see the footage of the very 1st camera man getting the stock footage for the shoot, the visibility wasn't to bad, which is normal with diving the same spot. I imagine that the dirty jobs crew made them do more dives then normal and take longer to, which added to the decreased visibility there toward the end.

ehh.. the viz looked just fine to me... but then again, if I can see my fins its a good day. But then again, luckily I haven't had to dive in 0viz in a couple of years and I've been lucky enough to dive 80+ viz in Alaska, thanks to Avi.

As for safety, maybe, but their are lots of other fins out there that are yellow. But none that perform like ForceFins.

Just an FYI the vis was about 12 feet when we sank the Pathfinder two days earlier and didn't get stirred up until Mike churned things up. Just to clarify one thing drysuits were DUI and Bailey's. Glad you enjoyed

TG

how did you get 3 feet of ice in only 2 days??

Sorry about the Mobby, I could have sworn I saw the Mobby M on them. As a new DS diver (using a Pinnacle EVO2) why do you wear such form fitting suits. It seems that a looser suit that offers more room for undergarments??

The Baileys some of the guys use are neoprene and use very little under garment so they fit pretty close to size. The DUI that some of use are all custom cut but fit loose for the thinsulate.

The 32 inch ice was a seperate hole a short distance from where we sunk the Nissan, TV you know. The LDS was out 4 days later on another lake and brought up a pickup that a school of fish worked the ice thin looking for an oxygen hole pretty typical phenomenen in March with snow cover. One of Gary's people also posted another one on Youtube if you search "Rainy Lake Snowplow" you'll find it.

TG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom