Dive buddy wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a dive buddy in the Gaithersburg MD area. Any lurkers or members from that area looking for a new dive buddy/partner with some time to get wet?

What kind of diving do you do?

I am in Woodbridge, VA but I am up and down the East Coast about every weekend and have some awesome dive buddies who you might like to meet/dive with. We have a happy hour going on tommorrow at the Capital City Brewary in Arlington(Shirlington) at 6:30p.m. tommorrow. Please let me know if you want to come we should have some other events/dives you might be interested in!
~Vanessa

WreckGoddess:
What kind of diving do you do?

I am in Woodbridge, VA but I am up and down the East Coast about every weekend and have some awesome dive buddies who you might like to meet/dive with. We have a happy hour going on tommorrow at the Capital City Brewary in Arlington(Shirlington) at 6:30p.m. tommorrow. Please let me know if you want to come we should have some other events/dives you might be interested in!
~Vanessa

PM sent

Jeff

TheDivingPreacher:
Looking for a dive buddy in the Gaithersburg MD area. Any lurkers or members from that area looking for a new dive buddy/partner with some time to get wet?
That's a long commute from the Czech Republic...

cornfed:
That's a long commute from the Czech Republic...

I figure I can swim there on an al80 don't you think? :)

Okay, we are returning to the states in December for an 8 month "visit". Since we are homeless we will be staying with family in Gaithersburg.

Not too far from beltsville though.......

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about diving in the area. Great link! I took my owd here in the Czech Republic. My greatest interest would be in a wreck specialty and hear there are a few not too far from Dc.

TheDivingPreacher:
Thanks for the info. I know nothing about diving in the area. Great link! I took my owd here in the Czech Republic. My greatest interest would be in a wreck specialty and hear there are a few not too far from Dc.
There are some good wrecks in VA Beach and NC. There are also some good ones in Delaware/Ocean City area but I don't go up that way to often.

Personally, I'm not sure a wreck class would be worth it. Recreational/non-penetration wreck diving isn't all that special. But to each his own.

Here is a list of shops in the area,

http://www.atlanticunderwater.com/shops/,

some are good and some aren't. Now before I get in trouble, my definition of a "bad shop" is pretty simple. If they don't promote local diving and only cater to people who dive one or twice a year I don't think they're doing much for the community. But that's a topic for a different thread. :wink:

cornfed:
There are some good wrecks in VA Beach and NC. There are also some good ones in Delaware/Ocean City area but I don't go up that way to often.

Personally, I'm not sure a wreck class would be worth it. Recreational/non-penetration wreck diving isn't all that special. But to each his own.

Here is a list of shops in the area,

http://www.atlanticunderwater.com/shops/,

some are good and some aren't. Now before I get in trouble, my definition of a "bad shop" is pretty simple. If they don't promote local diving and only cater to people who dive one or twice a year I don't think they're doing much for the community. But that's a topic for a different thread. :wink:

Well, actually my interest includes the technical aspect including penetrations. I agree just swimming around the outside wouldn't be very exciting.

TheDivingPreacher:
Well, actually my interest includes the technical aspect including penetrations.

May I suggest some cave training? It's great experience and a good excuse to keep diving all winter!

Like Drew said, OC and Va Beach offer some decent wrecks if you don't mind the commute. O.C. Diver does quite a bit of technical trips throughout the year, and Lynnhaven Dive shop (down here in Va. Beach) has quite a few planned for this season as well.

Back
Top Bottom