Dive computer-dumb question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, so with the Oceanic, we have the same 10 minute setting. Am I understanding you correctly, though, that if we dive a normal dive, the surface with for example, a 5 minute surface swim, and never descend again, the end pressure will be based solely on that moment we surfaced, regardless of the surface swim? But if we descended a second time within the 10 minutes, the end pressure would reflect the second time we surface?

That’s how your log looks to me. (I haven’t looked at ours on a computer in a very long time.) Sounds like he’ll be glad to hear he is right. I guess it’s a good idea to let it happen every once in a while. :giggle:

That’s correct. Once on the surface, any gas consumed on the swim won’t be counted when the dive is logged, provided you don’t go deep enough to be still diving. If you do, then it’s all counted and the end pressure from the next time you surface is logged.

Yes, Yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom