Dive Computer Not Calling for a Safety Stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a computer that did that. If I went shallow and hit 20’ and initiated the safety stop count down. If I triggered the count down several times No Indid not keep track). And I never got deeper then I think 40’, it would sort of keep I running tally of my safety stop and after some time would stop initiating the count down. I think the max depth had to be a bit shallow also, no more than 55’ or so. And most of the dive had to be about 35’ or shallower. So not doing a deliberate safety stop was probably not necessary. I have had other computers that erase a safety stop if I hit 20’. I think the dive computer people are messing with us.

Which model did you get?
My D5 works out my safety stops based on my ascent rates, depth and NDL over multiple dives, its called a deep stop and I obey it
however Recreational scuba divers should be able to complete a controlled ascent from 30mtrs with out a safety stop
Your 3 min stop as not mandatory and can be ignored IF the circumstances warrant it

HAL, I think I need to schedule a safety stop....

76937fdd0280fdb0ae9b77aa85b7fcf4.jpg

In tech mode the Perdix can be configured to only show mandatory stops then count up once they are cleared.
On an NDL dive it simply counts up once you get above 6m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom