Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windy Point Private, dusk/night dive
1-3' viz with pockets of 5' down to 55'
Water temp was 54*.

Windy Point 1/31/09 around noon
1' of vis down past 100 feet
6" down on the bottom at 136 fsw, which is I think around 141 for you ffw people
56 degrees on surface, 55 on bottom, no thermocline

Feb. 1, 2009
Lake Travis - Windy Point Public
Air Temp: 76f sunny & warm
Surface Temp: 58f
Depth Temp: 54f at Max 58'
Vis: 1-3 feet to 55', @ 5 foot vis at the wall

Nice sunny day to dive lake Travis. Lake Travis down 27'. Drove to bottom of boat ramp and out onto shore to unload / reload, no problem. Park mostly empty.

Feb 1, 2009
Lake Texoma Texas
Eisenhower State Park @ Butterfly Cove
Air Temp = 66F
Water Temp = 41F top to bottom
Max Depth 57 feet
Vis = up to 6 feet

Clear Springs Scuba Park
Saturday, Jan 31st 2009
Water Temp 46-50 deg F from surface to 57ft
Visibility = 10-25ft

Overall conditions were great. By the way I found a SP Twin Jet Max the weekend of Jan 24th and turned it in up at the front gate.

Happy Diving!

Lake Travis-Mansfield Park Dive area
Max Depth: 100 feet
Water temp: 56 on surface, 55 at depth
Visability: 2-3 feet down to 40 foot depth, 1 foot or less from 40-100.
Several catfish below 70 feet, at least 8-10 of them. Maybe starting to nest?

Feb. 7, 2009
Air Temp: 76f cloudy & very windy
Depth Temp: 54f at Max 67'
Vis: 1-3 feet to 40', 3-5 feet 40'-67'
Lake level down 27'

Drove way out on the point at Windy Point Public. Very windy day w/ lots of wind surfers out. They were all parked out on the peninsula and the rangers didn't come ask anyone to move like last Sunday, which is great b/c it makes no sense not to allow divers, surfers, etc. the right to drive out and park on the point, when it's exposed like it is now. Anyhow, it's much easier to gear up way out there when you have a truck and tailgate. :wink:

Dropped down to the grotto line, around 61' and headed south into the biggest grottos I've seen yet at Travis. I'd say the overhang was 10-12' at points, with a slightly domed ceiling catching our exhaust bubbles. A very cool, tunnel-like dive... :D

Feb. 14, 2009 Valentine's Day Dive :heart:
Air Temp: 56f cloudy & mild wind
Depth Temp: 55f at Max 70'
Vis: 3-5 feet to 40', 6-10 feet 40'-70'
Lake level down 27'

Repeat of last weeks dive to the Grottos off the exposed point of Windy Point Public, only this time extended to 70 minutes.
GOOD NEWS! There is a remarkable improvement in visibility, as I could easily see 6-10 feet below 40'. :D Of course the the silt is pretty fine there, so when I did disturb it, it went quickly to a milk cloud that I'd then have to swim out of.

I think the lake will only improve from here as we move towards the peak visibility window in March and early April.:wink:
Cold day for diving, but sure glad I went! :coffee:

But the visibility was very location specific. Zinc went south on the wall at Windy Point. I went north on the wall.

Vis: 2-4 feet down to 60', 1 foot down to 80'

I should have gone south.

Feb. 14, 2009 Valentine's Day Dive :heart:
Air Temp: 56f cloudy & mild wind
Depth Temp: 55f at Max 70'
Vis: 3-5 feet to 40', 6-10 feet 40'-70'
Lake level down 27'

Repeat of last weeks dive to the Grottos off the exposed point of Windy Point Public, only this time extended to 70 minutes.
GOOD NEWS! There is a remarkable improvement in visibility, as I could easily see 6-10 feet below 40'. :D Of course the the silt is pretty fine there, so when I did disturb it, it went quickly to a milk cloud that I'd then have to swim out of.

I think the lake will only improve from here as we move towards the peak visibility window in March and early April.:wink:
Cold day for diving, but sure glad I went! :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom