Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marieta Landing, Lake Murray, Oklahoma
07-30-2022
Surface Temp 86
Bottom temp at 27 feet 85 lower than 30 it starts getting colder but is dark too so not much to enjoy down there.
Visibility was ok about 8 feet to 10 but was raining on the surface and cloudy From the Surface you could see down to the platform which is about 18 feet now. So Vis was kind of good. Once the sun came out it made a big difference.

Be aware of boats, you MUST use a Diving Flad with bouy 20x24 inches and carry it with you so you do not get an anchor dropped on top of you, the cove gets busy with boats as is a good area to just drop anchor and relax, it is all a no-wake zone.

Scuba Ranch, Terrell - water temp 83@ 20-30 feet. Vis...what vis? Maybe 5 feet? Keep your buddy close!

Scuba Ranch, Terrell - water temp 83@ 20-30 feet. Vis...what vis? Maybe 5 feet? Keep your buddy close!
Was there recently and the visibility was 1-2 ft. 5' would be a great improvement.

Mammoth Lake, 5 Sep. 86 degree temps to 25 ffw. Viz 5-7' but it was a cloudy day which didn't help.

Wheeler Branch (Glen Rose, TX) on Thus 9/15 for a two tank dive. Pretty good viz at 10-15'. Average water temp was 78. We spotted many healthy-looking Blue Gill and spooked some big bass in the sunken school bus. The weather was beautiful and the park staff was wonderful. This was my first time there and I will certainly return.

scubajohn.png

Blue Lagoon, Huntsville TX

Saturday, 16APR2022

Visibility at least 10-15ft.
I'm heading there for the first time next week. I'd be pleased with 10-15' viz, but I've heard that it can get better than that.

I'm heading there for the first time next week.
Re: Blue Lagoon. The dive went great last week and the visibility was great as you can see here:

Link to Blue Lagoon dive

I dove Athens Scuba Park yesterday for the first time. Viz was an impressive 10-20' in the morning, but fell to 5-10' in the afternoon. Water temp was around 78. The sunk POIs were okay, but the most fascinating site was their artificial cave/tunnel system. It was a spooky place to travel through. We did it twice and survived both, so I guess it turned out okay.

Mammoth Lake, 6 Nov. Viz wasn't great, water temps in the low 70's. Finally went to the bottom of Deep Hole & logged 63'.

Blue Lagoon, 4 Dec. Vis approx 15', water temp 59 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom