Question Dive conditions in Tofo, Mozambique, in Feb/March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Scubas,

Seeking advice - I have a fixed period of time next year between mid February and mid March, where I am planning a road trip in Southern Africa.

I am considering Mozambique scuba destinations as part of the trip - especially Ponta do Oura then up to Tofo. I don't want to go further north as we won't have time (I'm based in Cape Town).

My question is about conditions at that time of year. I've dived in both locations before, but not in cyclone season. I gather that it can be a good time to dive because the ocean is cleaner, but that high rainfall and cyclones could impact our diving days. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has been diving in those locations during that period of time in the last couple of years. Did you have many days called off due to weather conditions?

Thanks 🦈

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom