DM Internship Programs in South Africa / Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natal_nihilist

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been working in the Philippines for the last two years and have logged over 120 dives here and have progressed as far as rescue diver. I have recently resigned from my job and will be returning to South Africa in December. Since I am in no rush to jump straight back into another corporate position since I only started diving once I left South Africa I want to take a bit of time off and do some diving locally.

This is where the DM internship comes in. Looking at some of the DM internship opportunities available here I can get a lot of diving done at a fairly significant discount if I do one of those programs. For between $1000 - $2000 and some labour I'll get around 100 dives over three months. From there I could spend around another month diving at client rates up and down the east coast before I need to start thinking seriously about a new job.

I have put together the following (rough) list of options and would love some feedback or any personal experiences:

Sodwana: Coral Divers, Deep Blue Conservation
Ponta do Ouro: Gozo Azul
Tofu: Tofu Scuba, Peri-Peri Divers, Liquid Dive Adventures
Bazaruto: Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies

Greetings - we are based in Ponta do Ouro and there are a couple of dive and dolphin centers that offer internships. Gozo Azul would be able to assist you with your scuba requirements.

If you would like to hang out with some dolphins, then we are the ones to speak to.

Hope that helps.

For the Love of Dolphins
Angie

Back
Top Bottom