dive detectives on tv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikediveguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey anyone out there watch 'dive detectives?' it is hilarious, the son, Warren gets bent every episode,:dork2: and they are so hopelessly' hollywooding' it I can hear my gf laughing her head off as she watches it. hope not too many people get a bad idea of diving from it!!

I watch it on the History Channel Starchoice channel #506 at 3pm, its a good show it is the same idea as Clive Cusslers The Seahunters.

It's Mike Fletcher and his son doing another version of Sea Hunters. I've only seen one episode so far and I thought it was frustrating to watch, more so than Sea Hunters.

But I have to give them a big handclap in that they have obviously done a lot of work to get the funding to do this. It doesn't matter how good of a diver you are or how good the footage you can get is, in the end getting the funding is all that matters.

Hey anyone out there watch 'dive detectives?' it is hilarious, the son, Warren gets bent every episode,:dork2: and they are so hopelessly' hollywooding' it I can hear my gf laughing her head off as she watches it. hope not too many people get a bad idea of diving from it!!

I saw the first 2 episodes and missed the bending part. Did not see the last one. Did they have access to a portable decompression chamber?

I actually quite like the show, but only recall one instance of Warren getting a "skin bend". He had to suck back some O2 for a bit, but there was no chamber ride involved.

The first show I saw was about them discovering the USS Flier, a sub lost in WWII. I initially thought the show was already a couple years old, but I had never heard of the Flier prior to this, so I Googled it. Turns out, they found it last year, but the production company had just sent out a press release about it that day: "Toronto-based television production company yap films discovers missing WWII US submarine" on SMR

The episode I haven't see is where they research the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald. They discovered, perhaps, the "real" reason it sank. In fact, reports are that it caused Gordon Lightfoot to change some of the lyrics in his song! The Edmund Fitzgerald's legend lives on ? but with a major change - The Globe and Mail.

I haven't seen Dive Detectives but I liked The Sea Hunters. It was often frustrating to have so little diving footage but at least they were doing something different than the usual Carribean coral stuff. I can't relate to that. Plus James Delgatto always makes me laugh. I give the Fletchers two thumbs up!
There was/is (?) another show called Go Deep that had some funny episodes too. One in particular was of a salvage company trying to raise a sailboat in a cove and all the locals joined in to destroy chainsaws cutting a canal in the ice... rental chainsaws.

You can watch the full episodes here. I do not know if it'll work for viewers outside of Canada.

Update: Scroll to the bottom to see the Deep Detectives and avoid "Old Man's Booty" as pointed out by Todd.

Last edited:
Havent watched Deepsea Detectives...but like watching the Sea Hunters.
The Fletchers have done some really neat dives. Not always the way the "scuba police" would do it, but hey do get the job done.
I especially like Warrens' "full suit, doubles, 2 stages, full camera rig," jump off the side of a Eastcoast steel trawler. Nothing like 500+lbs of diver hitting the water from 15'.

Back
Top Bottom