Dive knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvturtle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can you bring a dive knive on dives in GC?On that same note how about packing it in checked bag?is it allowed?

<< Can you bring a dive knive on dives in GC? >>

Yes.

<< how about packing it in checked bag?is it allowed? >>

Yes, as far as Cayman Airways & Cayman Customs is concerned.

Yes you can bring them in checked luggage.

Most operators will insist you not dive with them at Stingray City.

Knives are okay, but I belive that gloves are a no-no :no .

Depending on the dive operator, and even the dm that is with you that day. At Cayman they won't let you wear gloves, but I did see on or 2 dm's that would allow you to dive with a knife. I wouldn't count on it though.

Michael

Planning a trip there in April, why are gloves a no-no?

bojdiver,
welcome to this board.
they don't want you to touch anything.
sometimes if a wreck or mooring line is involved they will allow gloves.

It used to be a rule of the dive operators' association, but you could wear then on shore dives and on boats that weren't part of the association. Unfortunately, now it's a law. No gloves while scuba diving, period. I don't believe there is an exception for wrecks or mooring lines as there shouldn't be. Stuff grows on wrecks and lines too so they should be held as sacred as anything else underwater.

That would be the Cayman Islands Government.

Marine Park Regulations & Marine Conservation Laws

See page 2 "SUMMARY OF CAYMAN ISLANDS MARINE CONSERVATION LAWS"; the section titled "GENERAL RULES". You also can't take any marine life alive or dead out of the water on SCUBA. While dead marine life may be an oxymoron, I guess it gets the point across.

Back
Top Bottom