Dive Ladders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
I thought I'd pass this on to those of you that have a boat like mine-20' Mako outboard and want/need a dive ladder. I used the standard stainless and aluminum ladders over the side. They didn't go far enough into the water AND they coroded from the inside. The result was the Lawman [who is not...svelt...] hanging off the side of the boat with the ladders broken in half. So-

Went to the Maxi-Muffler shop with a drawing of an arched dive ladder that would ,mount on the gunnels of the boat. The upper ends go over two floor flanges with 4" nipples that screw into them. The open end of the ladder slips over the nipples which are 1 1/8. The ladder is made of 1 1/4 inch tail pipe. The rungs are flattened on top and sprayed with Rusoleum non slip spray with sand sprinkeled in. It won't break, can be removed by lifting up, and cost $100.

goodness gracious....4in nipples...thats a thread all of its own!!!

I wish I knew how to get this information to High Tide in Barbados...they have the worst ladder on a converted glass bottom pontoon boat that is now one of their dive boats.

:thumb:

How about posting a picture of the ladder and the mounting flange, so we can admire your work?

It sure sounds like you solved the problem in a very creative way...plus saving a ton of money in the process.

Lawman,
Pics please......
I have a 23' Mako and ever since I put the trim-tabs on this past spring have been looking for an alternative to the side mount ladder that I have been using.
Thanks,
Dive Safe,
Vettster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom