dive logs needed for divePAL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I am posting this with Oceanic (Doug) 's permission.

As you might know, we recently released v 0.5 of divePAL FULL - Windows.
This version supports the simulation of several Oceanic dive computers (Veo 100, Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, Veo 250, Pro Plus 2, Geo, Geo 2.0, B.U.D., Atom 3.0, OC1, OC1-LE, VT3 and VT 4.0) and also allows to Save (and Retrieve) online dive plans.

We are now starting to work on adding to divePAL the possibility to import logs from files and download logs from dive computers :wink: .... and we would like to hear from you.

Which Oceanic dive computer(s) should we address first?

Would you be available to provide us with some of your dive logs of Oceanic dive computers - and then test them with divePAL too?
If yes, send them to me via email at ediver-at-divenav-dot-com.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Last edited:
I've got a VEO 180 and would love to help with the development of an alternative to Oceanlog.

I've just spent 2 hours with 2.3.4 and found that it has some kind of issue now with updating and won't save new information about added dives. I "think" it might be a permissions issue since it is using my admin logon's directory structure but I'm running it as my normal user logon. However, it doesn't give any error, no message, no event log entry, nothing...just doesn't save the information related to the recently added dives. The dives themselves show up, but the added info (location, operator, conditions, air consumption, etc.) is lost when the program is closed and then re-opened.:depressed::shocked2:

Let me know what info you want and how to get it to you if you're interested in working on the VEO 180 with me.

Thanks

Steve
spschneer at gmail dot com

.......Let me know what info you want and how to get it to you if you're interested in working on the VEO 180 with me......

We would need some of your dive logs - both single dives and series of dives.
Please send the files to me via email at ediver-at-divenav-dot-com.

Thank You

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I would like to send you some Geo 2.0 logs. How should I send them to you?
We would need dive logs for both single dives and series of dives.
Please send the files to me via email at ediver-at-divenav-dot-com.

Thank You

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I sent an email with a link to a zip file on my server (too big for email).

You should set up a public DropBox or something similar on your web site to allow indirect or direct uploads instead of email. The log files tend to be large and hard to send in email.

I sent an email with a link to a zip file on my server (too big for email).....
Thank You

.....You should set up a public DropBox or something similar on your web site to allow indirect or direct uploads instead of email. The log files tend to be large and hard to send in email.
Good idea. Will make it happen :wink:

I would send my dive logs from my DataMask but I don't see it on your list.

I would send my dive logs from my DataMask but I don't see it on your list.
You are right.
So far we have not yet decided if we are going to add - or not - the DataMask to divePAL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom