Dive Master Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is your knowledge development stage. It will allow you to become a safer diver. This is because now you will understand why you should ascend at a certain pace, not because that was what you were taught in OW. Go into this course with this in mind and you will come out ahead. I know individuals that never wanted to work with students, they just wanted the knowledge that the course provides.

The Instructor course will not teach you this stuff. So pay attention on the DM course.

There have been great suggestions about getting your mapping done early. Look in the LDS as there are probably past DM maps around to see what they did, so that you can improve on it.

This is certainly a course where the more you put into it the more you should get out of it.

T

Biggest problem I have is the fact that the PADI book keeps referring to the instructors manual. IMHO the proper procedure would be to include all relavent info with the package...Kinda makes sense to me...

Butch103 once bubbled...
Biggest problem I have is the fact that the PADI book keeps referring to the Instructors' Manual. IMHO the proper procedure would be to include all relavent info with the package...Kinda makes sense to me...

I suspect the reason they refer to the instructors manual is to minimize the impact of any changes to the standards. If standards change only the Instructors' Manual need be updated. If the DM book contained the actual standards, any changes to the standards would result in DM books containing disinformation.

Mike

MikeS once bubbled...

I suspect the reason they refer to the instructors manual is to minimize the impact of any changes to the standards. If standards change only the Instructors' Manual need be updated. If the DM book contained the actual standards, any changes to the standards would result in DM books containing disinformation.

Mike

......so, beg and borrow from the instructor if you want to preread, prestudy before any sort of "lecture"....

Sounds like the heaviest part of the program is the site mapping...?

Butch103 once bubbled...
......so, beg and borrow from the instructor if you want to preread, prestudy before any sort of "lecture"....

According to the owner of the dive shop where I'm taking the DM class it's a PADI requirement to have an Instructor's Manual available at any PADI facility. They have a copy that's available any time you want to read it.

Mike

the site mapping is not heavy. Just takes some diving to do. I really enjoyed it. gave me a new perspective on the site I mapped

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom