dive op in bohol and moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are leaving for Moalboal tomorrow. Did 24 dives with Bohol Fun Diver. The service is pretty good...the ratio of DM to diver is 1:1 for half of the dives, and 1:2 for the remaining dives. Business is definitely slow. Remember you need to tell the DMs what you want to see.

I like Arco Point the most.

Just thought I would add ... we got from Cebu Airport to Moalboal via taxi. Took just over 2 hours on a Sunday morning (Nov 15). I believe that I paid P 2200 to a driver than knew the concierge at the Waterfront Airport Hotel. He showed up on time and had a good car, and spoke good English. FYI, his name was Lito and his cell number is 915-3837568 or 917-6168536 (add +63 before the number if calling from outside Philippines). On the way back, we just booked the taxi from Savedra. Forget the price - about the same, I think. We were considering taking the bus but couldn't be bothered to make the transfers in Moalboal town then in Cebu, as we flew to Boracay the same morning we left Moalboal.

We had originally intended to stay at Eve's Kiosk, but when we arrived, we thought we would walk down the path and see what else we can find, so we ended up at Savedra for US$34/night in an ocean view room (Link: Savedra Bungalow). Clean basic room, incredible view and wifi worked well, cheap prices on laundry and drinks in the fridge too. No complaints. We did our diving at Nelson's, no hassle from anyone from Savedra to use their shop. We liked Nelson's Dive shop (also called Ocean Safari) - I think it was about US$20/dive including equipment and only 2 divers to the one divemaster when we went, equipment was fine and DM was attentive to pointing things out. We were happy with them, I would recommend to just go in the day before and find out what their plan is for the next day.

Thank you for the thread and info it has shared.

I (Bob) am heading for the Philippines in Jan., will be staying in Bohol for some of my time there. Please if you can, I am interested in trying to get to some other sites, what would you say are, "Must See" sites above & below?

Cheers & Happy New Year!
R.

the dives in Bohol are quite relaxing, and balicasag island is pretty nice. If the current is there, you can see some barracudas; and the school of jacks is always there. Arco point is my favourite. The house reef is nice for night dive as well. There is a wreck around if you are interested. I dont remember the name of site for garden eels. You can also see some thorny seahorse not to far from the beach.

I dove with Bohol Fun Divers, and stayed at Lost Horizon, had breakfasts & lunches at Trudie's (very inexpensive).

For land tour, we managed to see the tarsier monkeys, butterfly farm, chocolate hill and the giant python only. the trip only took a few hours.

have a good time there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom