Dive operators in Mauritius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to Mauritius in July and staying at Le Victoria Hotel near Trou Aux Biches.
Can anybody give me some reports/recommendations about the local dive operators?
Thanks

Hello

I notice that you didn't get a reply to this.
I went to Mauritius earlier this year and dived with the hotel team at the heretage Awali.
OK. The OWSI was good guy, name of Elie
We are going again in October and staying at Constance Belle Mare Plage - the dive centre there seems very expensive so i am looking for an alternative, but like you haven't had any replies.
Let me know what you think of the place. I loved the island

Hi Scubawitch
Thanks for the reply. I have just got back from 10 days at Le Victoria Hotel Excellent hotel. I used the hotel operators who were good - very pleasant to be able to walk 30 m from my room to the jetty.
Diving was pretty good but not outstanding. I think to get to untouched reefs you need to travel too the outlying islands. Nice wreck dives though.
Mauritius itself was great. I plan to return sometime
Thanks

Hi, I am hoping to dive in Mauritius in Feb. 2011. Thinking of diving around Grand Baie.
Any thoughts, suggestions for hotel/dive operator?

Thanks, finbob

am going to the west of the island in October and have been recommended to use Divesail (they have a web site but it is not very informative)
I have been in e mail contact with Annika who is very helpful. Will give an opinion on the diving when I get back

am going to the west of the island in October and have been recommended to use Divesail (they have a web site but it is not very informative)
I have been in e mail contact with Annika who is very helpful. Will give an opinion on the diving when I get back

scubawitch - any news regarding the dive operator & your diving experience in Mauritius? finbob from Sharm

Hi

I have dived twice in Mauritius, once in the South with the dive centre at my hotel -The Heritage Alwali. The guide/instructor there was a great guy called Eli. He told me that he would be going free lance so you may want to contact him by e mail. vurdapanaiken@yahoo.com
Mobile: +2307144977

October 2010 we went to Belle Mare Plage and stayed at the Constance Hotel. The dive centre there was very expensive, I think it was called Blues diving. I went to the hotel down the road and dived with Divesail - they were brilliant. They have centres at various parts of the island. Annika is the contact there. They picked me up from my hotel each day and took me back. The diving was fantastic and so were the guides.
annika@divesailtravel.com

If you do contact Annika say hello from the girl who loves to drift dive.
Enjoy your trip

I have been living in Mauritius for two years now and dive regularly. I have mostly been diving with the Maritim Diving Center which is based at the Maritim Hotel located in Balaclava in the northwest part of the island. They will allow non-hotel guests to dive with them which is something many of the hotels will not allow.

The guys at Maritim are fantastic and some of the best and most professional people I have ever been diving with. Vikash is the senior guy there and can be reached on +230 769 1227. He is great. I have sent a lot of my friends that have come to visit to dive with him as well as to get their open water certificates if they have never been diving before. All of my friends have had great experiences with Vikash and his team as I am positive you will too.

You can find their website if you google Maritm Diving Center.

Hi all,
Mauritius is on list of favourite places and we hope to return this year.
We need to find a hotel that has good golf (for him who does not dive) and has good diving. We also need to consider the weather as the full moon and wind in the East has clouded the water on my last 2 trips, but I still had great dives. So I welcome all tips and will look at Maritim. I wish you a good trip Finbob & let us know how it went.

Back
Top Bottom