Dive ops on the big island.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any recommendations for dive ops near kona?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Type "Kona" into the search box, and you will have enough reading for a couple days. I am partial to Kona Dive Company myself, both for the boat, and renting tanks. As a experienced diver like yourself, I really suggest doing mostly shore diving if diving on a budget matters at all. So the big question I think is what are the expectations of your trip.

My opinion is the Kona side of the Big Island is the perfect place for shore diving. In fact you can dive many of the same dive sites the boats hit from shore. The locals have named one of the sites "Rip Off Reef" LOL Better yet you get to do them at your leisure.

We used Jack's Dive Locker for air tanks and maps, which are awesome. The fills were solid, as in always above 3,000 psi, and my CO meter never moved. For boat diving...well check the DM's air for him...

Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: The Big Island, Hawaiian Islands

Kona Honu divers, staff was friendly, knowledgable and boats run very professionally.

Big Island Divers - easy to get to, good parking, great rental gear prices, two boats, full shop, nice people. Used them many times.

Try Wannadive with Steve. They were awesome. We got 70 to 75 minutes out of our Alum80s. They stopped and watched dolphins along the way. they weren't on a schedule like some dive ops are. Basically we dove our computers.

Try Wannadive with Steve. They were awesome. We got 70 to 75 minutes out of our Alum80s. They stopped and watched dolphins along the way. they weren't on a schedule like some dive ops are. Basically we dove our computers.

+1 for Wannadive!

Thanks to all, had some good warm water dives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom