Dive Report, Bainbridge 12/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobyPat

Reaction score
FrankF and myself logged a couple of nice, but ice-cold dives at Bainbridge today. Viz was just about 10-15ft surface to bottom and not really what i expected from a Limestone quarry. Water temp was about a constant 42. Do I need to say BRR? Our blood froze instantly, when we saw a student walking past us in a wet suit. But it was fun after all and I hope that I am still fertile after about an hour TBT (and with my dry suit leaking). :wink:

Bainbridge is a nice little quarry near Lancaster, PA. Compared to Dutch Springs, it is much more adventurous and natural. There are little to no ropes to guide you from one underwater attraction to the other and there are also no accessible walk-in entry points like DS. Very cool for non-rope ascents and decents and underwater navigation. All in all, I think it is a good alternative to DS, especially as they're open all year. The quarry is surrounded by woods and old building structures, which almost makes it look haunted.

ScoobyPat:
FrankF and myself logged a couple of nice, but ice-cold dives at Bainbridge today. Viz was just about 10-15ft surface to bottom and not really what i expected from a Limestone quarry. Water temp was about a constant 42. Do I need to say BRR? Our blood froze instantly, when we saw a student walking past us in a wet suit. But it was fun after all and I hope that I am still fertile after about an hour TBT (and with my dry suit leaking). :wink:

Bainbridge is a nice little quarry near Lancaster, PA. Compared to Dutch Springs, it is much more adventurous and natural. There are little to no ropes to guide you from one underwater attraction to the other and there are also no accessible walk-in entry points like DS. Very cool for non-rope ascents and decents and underwater navigation. All in all, I think it is a good alternative to DS, especially as they're open all year. The quarry is surrounded by woods and old building structures, which almost makes it look haunted.
Nice...and steady 32F on the surface today.
Bainbridge...where is that in relation to say...route 95 crossing bus route 1?

XJae:
Nice...and steady 32F on the surface today.
Bainbridge...where is that in relation to say...route 95 crossing bus route 1?

PA Rt. 30 and Amish Buggy Path No. 354 *bright grin*

My in-laws are in E-Town. So, I know the area a little, but have no idea where the quary is. My wife does not either. Can you give some serious directions? From say 283?

Have you tried Wabank? Just west-south-west of Lancaster. I did my Adv Nitrox there. I twas cold in September (38 on the bottom).

Ahhh...Lancaster.
I was thinking Langhorne. :laugh:

Kingprawn,

Looking at the Atlas, Elizabethtown is about 5 minutes from the quarry. I think all you would have to do is take rt. 241 (south or west, not sure which one) to it dead ends on rt. 441 (which is River Road). I think that you would take a left here and the quarry would be on the right. You would have to check mapquest for sure. The Address is 2037 River Rd Bainbridge, PA 17502. The website is also www.divebsc.com

Hope this helps!

Frank

Its South of 3 Mile Island, from 283 I head towards the airport then jump on 441, parrelling the river past 3 mile island drive for another 8-10 miles +/- and look for the dive flag on the right, my next land mark is a little gas station convience store just shy of the quarry enterance.

Since I am new here I don't really know any of the smaller town names yet, I navigate by land marks that I see.

Back
Top Bottom