Dive report for Lake Huron?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Lakesdiver

I went for the first time last summer and it was a very awsome trip. I could not have asked for a better time. Now living down in the hustle and bustle of Indianapolis it was quite a change to be on the island for a week. We dove with Captain Ralph Thoren and the Rlt diver III. It was a great time. I video taped the whole week but only topside. This year I have a underwater camera and housing. Can't wait to use it there. Especially in the engine room of the Emperor. We were on the live aboard which just anchored on the small inlets on the north side of the island each night. We could fish watch movies hang out and play cards and even read. It was very nice. Every morning we would walk outside on the stern of the boat and have moose and wolves drinking on the shore of Lake Superior. WOW. When heading Northeast we passed by Kamloops point. I actually seen the bouy down 20' that lead to the Kamloops. that was pretty neat. I will post trip reports when I return. Heck I will see how the editing goes and maybe get to you a copy of the tape. I will be using the camera and housing at the Straits for the first time in just under 2 weeks. We are diving with Dan block and Abyss dive charters. Also we are going to be diving the Newell Eddy in August off of Roger City. Myself and my dive buddy from Kalamazoo Mi will be doing our open waters for out tech class. That will be and eye opener. Anyway have a good one and I will keep you posted on what is going on. If your interested in doing the Straits 5/31 - 6/1, there is a spot left open on Dans boat I think. The Lost Yooper might be joining us but is not sure at this point. I know his dad will be there. It will be a fun time.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom