Dive Report--Pt. Lobos, May 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, you gonna contact his instructor and tell him he needs to get back to work with this one?

I wish! Actually, I was out doing a tour. A guy came in with a Master Diver card, sez he's now a DM and a really experienced dry suit diver. He even had a letter from his instructor to prove it and said that in SSI "We don't need no stinkin specialty certifications." So I let him rent a dry suit.

When last seen below the water, he had his feet straight up, both of them blown up like giant balloons, and was trying to pull himself back down a stalk of kelp...which kept breaking on him. He had flooded his mask, and since he wore contacts he had his eyes tightly shut. At least, I think that's what the state of things was. I really couldn't see him very well because he was surrounded by a huge cloud of bubbles as he hyperventilated his air away.

Isn't that the way MASTER DIVERS(tm) are supposed to do it?:whistling: Yessiree, really makes me want to rush right down to my LDS and give them $40 so I can upgrade my AOW and Rescue cards to one that says I'm a MASTER DIVER(tm). It will be worth it for the respect I'll be given for having one, as everyone will then know that I've achieved "one of the most elite ratings in diving today. Divers that have completed this level have combined the knowledge, skills and experience to truly call themselves Master Divers. To earn the certification for Master Diver, you must complete 4 specialty courses, Diver Stress&Rescue and have done a total of 50 dives.":worship:

No applause, please, just throw money.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom