Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did Service Club... Viz was AMAZING early in morning... best in year... depth ... 15-20 ft. great finds (will post later). So much life was out-- felt like I was on FL East coast (eels, fish, crabs, barracuda, ect). Wind picked up after 11.. viz "dropped" to maybe 6-8! Swells were also picking up... by last dive (2:30'ish) viz was only about 3-4. Good hunting to all. If conditions hold, would recommend going (was more amazed by all the life out there than teeth... viz is that good).

I can echo the nice visibility. Some silt on the bottom covering my only find though, a three inch megalodon, lucky I checked the triangle! Can echo the life also, 2 foot shark came by a couple times. Was out with Megalodon Charters. brian

Sat 9/18
alhambra 0900
Again Viz is best I ve seen all year so far.
8-10 ft. But my nose was to the ground.
Silt on the ground but clears fast when u sweep
it. Lots of fish ive never seen before. Temp at
23" was about 86 with the occassional cold spot.
Seems the viz got bad in the cold spots. Brisk
breeze over the water. Was good to be in the
bubbles again. found 2 2 inch megs and my
usual favorite leavarites heehee.

Wife and I finished our Cert. last week. We decided to try here today for our first team solo.

9/19 at the public beach. Water 86 degrees. Vis 10 - 15 ft. (lifeguard said some of the best in a while) My wife found a small sharks tooth an we pretty much just looked around the man made reef blocks straight out from the beach. Saw several different fish, 1 bright yellow and blue, and came across a starfish. Had a good 80 minutes underwater out there.

Was nice for our first dive.

Yep,... same as the other reports.. I did 4 dives.. 1st around 900 viz was good in 26sw I had about 15' vert viz and 10-12' horizontal viz 2nd dive was around 1100 and viz was still exceptional in 24fsw I had 10-12ft of viz vertical and 10-12ft of viz horizontal. the 3rd dive was kinda messy.... went south of the pier by caspersons around 100 and in 18fsw had maybe 2-3' of viz up down and around... .. so after about 20 min we came up and went back north where we were diving the first 2 dives and did our 4th and final for the day in 25fsw at around 200. we had 5-6ft of viz and the top 18' or so was verrrrrrryyy cloudy.... over all found about 7 megs 1 whale tooth and one partial mammoth tooth.. oh and shot 4 nice hog fish around 16-17' ers.... pics will be posted soon...

9/26/10
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Seas 1'
Wind SE 10
Water Temp 84
Vis 0-3'
Finds nothing worth reporting

Sat 10/2. Alhambra 0800.
Stay home and mow the grass.
Waves knocked me around water temp was 81 at
the surface, breezy. Met a guy in a kayak, thanks
for rubbing it in with all your sweet gear. Viz at first drop
16 ft. maybe 8-14 inches. I could see my fingers. Second
drop 20 mins later at 21 ft. Slammed into the rocks before
I seen them. Couldnt see my gauges water looked kind
of warpy like it had little sonic waves in it. Gave up
took 45 mins to swim back in. Stay home.

did 3 dives found a crap load of teeth.... my dive bud bound a mint pristine 4.25" lower meg w/ tip serrations, the whole shabang.... I found a tun of 4-5" partials. 4-5 intact 2-3"ers, whale teeth possible horse teeth....:wink: everyone on the boat found at least 5 megs!!!!!! oh and the viz... Well the first dive in 30 fsw was around 800 and viz was awesome!!!!! 10ft sometimes more..... the 2nd.... 24fsw was around 1000 and viz was ok 5-6ft the 3rd and final dive was a little rough seas picked up along with a north wind and I'd say we had 3-4ft of viz mostly 3ft in 21fsw...... was awesome tho found alot even some weird glass bottle!!! Pics soon... I'm pooped!!! oh and 1 more thing !!!!! the water temp is totally dropping!!! time for the ol' wetsuit I rec. the lowest temp all day @ 77 deg!!!!! burrrrr..... lololol!!!

10/8/10
Service Club
Time 10:30 am
Winds NW 5
Seas <1'
Water Temp 77
Vis 1' or less after the sandbar
Finds just small stuff

Stayed around the base of the sandbar after going west to 23' hopeing to find some vis

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom