Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alhambra
Noon thru 2pm.
Surface temp was 83 at 22 ft it was 77. Viz ran from
3 ft to facepalm. Lots of snot and gooey bottoms esp on
the rocks and hard areas. Other then being cold still
a nice time to get in the bubbles. Only went out to
22 then came back in. Maybe better out deeper.

weather flat winds what there was East turned west by afternoon,
Vis 4-6 feet
water temp surface 78, bottom 76-77
looks like going to be a nice weekend
took a pic so you could see condtions today was one of the flatest days this year

Attachments

• water conditions.jpg
    water conditions.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 182
Date 5/21/2011
Where Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Wind E<5
Seas 1'+
Water temp 80
Vis <1' - 10'+ there was surge stirring up the clay areas
Finds couple small megs and usual small stuff

Date 5/22/2011
Where Service Club
Time 8:50 am
Winds E 5
Seas 1'
Water Temp 81
Vis 2'-10'
Finds 1 beat 3" meg & 4 partials, couple nice tigers, and the usual small stuff

Did S.Brohard this morning. Winds out of the east & great Viz!! You could actually see the reef from the surface. There was a bit of snot in the water so the viz at depth was anywhere from 10 - 15 FT. Best viz I've seen out there in quite a while.

Agree with Kramer... Best I have seen all year... saw more divers than fish! New spots opening up... (better viz/less snot/fossil beds clearing)....my advice is try anything because viz is so good and spots moved around.... 12+ at times around Alhambra (remember I am the Kayak diver the Coast Guard keeps thinking is an "abandon" yak because so far off beach!... Yes, there is a DIVER ATTACHED TO THE KAYAK BEFORE YOU PICK IT UP!). anyway.... No snot around alhambra. Saw good finds from shore divers. Met some nice people at Scuba West (UT Diver?... were going to Pier...would be interested in their finds/reports). "Normal" fossil beds kinda picked over... try new spots. My 6 yr old son pointed to a spot on Google Earth ... as a joke thought I would try it.... (near Alhambra... location mine :) sorry) and he told me to try that. See post later in photos.

Bottom line: Get to Scuba West, fill the tanks and have some fun! If you don't find teeth you will see some great waters/life (amazing Nudibranch today!).

Venice From Shore on 5/28/11

Seas flat
Water temp hit about 80
Swimming out we could see sand dollars on the bottom 20 ft. below
Viz on bottom was 25+ until tide change, then it took a hit, but stayed around 10-15ft.
A lot of new beds uncovered

Now is the time you want to be there. Best conditions I have seen there!

05/30/11
sharkys and s. brohard
time: early afternoon
wind: less than 10 kts, from ENE
seas: very calm for first dive, around 1 ft on second dive
water temps: 85 degrees first dive, 86 degrees second dive
viz: around 6-8 ft both dives, less particulate in water down by s. brohard (found blocks off of s. brohard)

Did S.BRohard early a.m. East winds, high tide, water temp 82, viz started at 10 - 12 ft and by mid morning dropped to 5 - 7ft.

Alhambra still great conditions.... 10+ Water temp (ready to ditch the suit.. wet suit that is) :)

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom