Dive rite Bcs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_kuang once bubbled...

Is it good enough that I can buy with confidence having never tried one on?

That's what I did, and I like it so far....

I'm not very experienced with it yet, but like it much more than the jacket style B/C's.

No one has mentioned it yet, but I will now. You will also want to check out Deep Outdoors' stuff. I recently purchased their Matrix modular bc and love it. I have a few very minor complaints about it but really when I think about them I really just need to dive it more. What impresses me the most is the stability and comfort of the piece. The only complaint I have with the piece that is truly worth mentioning is that the manufacturer's way of securing the wing to the harness is not very good. but since I bought a 2 piece single tank adapter to use with it that really isn't an issue. I should have more to say about it in about 3 weeks when I return from Bonaire and Curacao.

Curious to know, what exactly is this, can you elaborate a little bit more? Thanks.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
The only complaint I have with the piece that is truly worth mentioning is that the manufacturer's way of securing the wing to the harness is not very good. but since I bought a 2 piece single tank adapter to use with it that really isn't an issue.

There are slots in the harness, the backplate, and the wing. When usng a single tank their directions say to use the tank strap and tank to hold it all togetherI never dove it that way and hae no intention of doing so as it seem sto me that it wouldn't be that stable besides the fact that when you take off the tank it all come apart. A single tank adapter solved this problem.

I bought a TP II with a rec wing. I love it! I dove a number of other set ups and this one works for me. Easy to get on without help and easy to get out of. Comfortable and is easy in the water. I rented a number of different types and settled on the Dive Rite. Price was important as was flexibility as my dive profile expands. The TP II fit my bill and my billfold!

:) You really can't go wrong with either set up (BP/TP). Both will work well for any diving environment from rec to tec/cave. You are definitely thinking along the right lines. Most new divers buy a traditional BC, then end up switching to a more flexible setup as their diving abilities improve and they begin to do more complex forms of diving. Also, if you ever plan to do any kind of advanced training beyond recreational limits, you will definitely appreciate the incredible flexibility of the BP/TP. You will also save yourself some $$$, and will already be very familiar and comfortable with that type of system. Most aspiring "tekkies" end up buying one of those anyway, as most tec/cave courses require them. And, even if you have no intention of doing that type of diving, the BP/TP will still serve you very well due to comfort, ease of use and streamlining. Your skills will improve much faster with a comfortable, streamlined, secure system, which BP/TP are. Just my 2 cents. ZeroGravity

Well after lurking for quite awhile... I wanted to thank y'all for all of the great posts. After reading this thread and numerous others, I decided to buy myself a TransPacII w/travel wings. I should get it next week so I am pretty pumped (replaces a 13yr old SeaQuest jacket-style Spectrum).

Hopefully I can get some tinkering time in during the next month or so, but the TPII will definitely be put to the test in Roatan in August.

-Scotter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom