Dive Rite Transpac II vs. OMS IQ Pack vs. Backplate/Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...So why the DSS Torus 26 vs. any other wing out there? A lot of companies make wings and the mounting all seems pretty standard.

DSS is just down the street and Tobin makes some quality gear. The Torus wing would be perfect for a single tank setup. That said, most wings are of decent quality but many are oversized (too much lift) for single tank diving.

I picked the Ventures just before they changed to a larger version and were selling them for $100 each. Hard to pass up.

As for buying the WTX. Aqualung/APEKS has many dealers in the states and I’m sure with a few phone calls, you would be able to get one pretty easy. You might even find one on eBay or Craigslist.

Just found a dealer that is less than 40 minutes away. $345 just for the harness! Ouch. I guess it would be worth it though with the lifetime warranty. The weight pockets are another $135, toss in a wing and we are talking some serious cash :) yeouch. Unfortunately he doesn't carry the WTX but said he could order one. Hrmmm... ebay or craigslist is tempting but then no warranty.

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom