Dive Rite Travel Pac First impression of a newbie diver..... very cool !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got a TravelPac and will be diving it in a few more weeks. I am going for 8 to 10 pounds (4 on cam and rest on belt). Got a size M rather than L as I have no hips and a runners build. Can't wait to get in the water with it! My question to KeyWInd is: how did you attach your sausage and snorkel on the bottom parallel with the bottom of the bladder?

Just bought a travelpac. I'm new to diving and this is my first BCD. I'm glad to read good reviews on it. I'm a small female so hopefully I'll have the same experience. I was hesitant on getting a tactical BCD as a beginner but was told it's so much better in the long run. Hope so!

Just bought a travelpac. I'm new to diving and this is my first BCD. I'm glad to read good reviews on it. I'm a small female so hopefully I'll have the same experience. I was hesitant on getting a tactical BCD as a beginner but was told it's so much better in the long run. Hope so!

Watch the YouTube video on how to don the Transpac. My daughter has a slim build and loves her TravelPac. We've both found that you really want the crotch strap to be snug (so you may want to wear a wetsuit). It may take a little tweaking of the shoulder straps but it is easy to do. Very stable under water and lean back on the surface (don't over-inflate) like you are on an inner tube floating. Enjoy it!

Donning tips - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXsNNHMoQrg

Last edited:
I was hesitant on getting a tactical BCD as a beginner but was told it's so much better in the long run. Hope so!

Short run. too.

:D

I bought my travelpac on my 8th dive. Readon being was, I rather get used to it in the begining stage.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2015 at 05:20 PM ----------

Btw, should my travelpac be adjusted just the way he adjusted the transpac in the video??

I

Btw, should my travelpac be adjusted just the way he adjusted the transpac in the video??

Yes

I use a Travelpac for all my single cylinder dives, and usually have a side slung S30 on board too.

I did find however at the beginning, because of the single tank strap and using an AL80 tank, my trim was way out at the end of dives when down below 100 bar pressure. This was solved by using a 1Kg weight on a camband near the bottom of the tank and trims me out rather nicely.

Yes

I use a Travelpac for all my single cylinder dives, and usually have a side slung S30 on board too.

I did find however at the beginning, because of the single tank strap and using an AL80 tank, my trim was way out at the end of dives when down below 100 bar pressure. This was solved by using a 1Kg weight on a camband near the bottom of the tank and trims me out rather nicely.
Sorry for being a noob. Whats a s30.?

30 cu ft cylinder, you can see the top of one in my avatar photo. As I frequently solo dive and even when I have a buddy I carry a bailout tank with me at all times when diving locally, but this is not always and option when I am traveling.

30 cu ft cylinder, you can see the top of one in my avatar photo. As I frequently solo dive and even when I have a buddy I carry a bailout tank with me at all times when diving locally, but this is not always and option when I am traveling.
Thanks.[emoji4]

I'm a fan of the Transpac as well.
I started with a Transpac II back in 2000 or 1.
Used it for single & double 80 aluminums.
Switched to a back plate & DR wing in 2007 on twin steel 98's.
Upgraded to the newer transpac XT back in 2012, sold the steel tanks (had a knee replacement) & have converted my transpac to sidemount.
It's a great rig for travel & very flexible.

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom