Wanted Dive Rite Weight Pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
One of my pouch clips broke. Looking for one (or two!) to replace it.
They are the old style, not the new style. I don't know if the new ones will fit in my old pockets.

20220629_125329.jpg
20220629_125300.jpg

I have a few sets of Dive Rite QB weight pockets of varying ages, as all the divers in my family have them on our backplate harness waist straps.

A couple sets we have were the last version of the 16lb QB weight pocket (8lbs per pouch) and the main difference to the other, older version we have (and you have) is the addition of a velcro strap for added pocket retention/security.

All of our pouches are interchangeable between the holsters we have. I also contacted Dive Rite about a year ago or so to ask if their current model pouches (10lbs per pouch) are compatible with the older holsters of the QB weight pocket system and they indicated that they indeed are.

So you can see if you can find the discontinued pouches for the 16lb system or if you prefer you can purchase the pouches for the current 20lb system. Here is an ebay link where you can purchase the 20lb pouches for $38.50/each:

I would also give Dive Rite a call and see if they are willing to help you out.

Let us know how things work out for you.

-Z

I have a few sets of Dive Rite QB weight pockets of varying ages, as all the divers in my family have them on our backplate harness waist straps.

A couple sets we have were the last version of the 16lb QB weight pocket (8lbs per pouch) and the main difference to the other, older version we have (and you have) is the addition of a velcro strap for added pocket retention/security.

All of our pouches are interchangeable between the holsters we have. I also contacted Dive Rite about a year ago or so to ask if their current model pouches (10lbs per pouch) are compatible with the older holsters of the QB weight pocket system and they indicated that they indeed are.

So you can see if you can find the discontinued pouches for the 16lb system or if you prefer you can purchase the pouches for the current 20lb system. Here is an ebay link where you can purchase the 20lb pouches for $38.50/each.

I would also give Dive Rite a call and see if they are willing to help you out.

Let us know how things work out for you.

-Z
Your infirmation is much appreciated. I've goi a query into DR already. Next diving is 6 weeks away so I've got a little time! The briken pocket is still usable, but I don't trust it.

I arrive back from a project to my home in western NY on the 4th...I have 4 sets of pockets that are not currently being used. I am happy to loan you a set that match yours until you get things sorted. Send me DM if interested.

-Z

I arrive back from a project to my home in western NY on the 4th...I have 4 sets of pockets that are not currently being used. I am happy to loan you a set that match yours until you get things sorted. Send me DM if interested.

-Z
Thanks! That's really a nice offer. I'll see how it goes for a few days....

Just realized I had forgotten to include the ebay link. Please see updated post above.

-Z

Just realized I had forgotten to include the ebay link. Please see updated post above.

-Z
Do you know if the $32 for a replacement pocket is for one, or for a pair?

Do you know if the $32 for a replacement pocket is for one, or for a pair?

I have never purchased from that listing but from what I can tell it is $32 is for 1 each of the outer holster, and $38.50 for 1 each of the insert (pocket).

There is a pull down menu at the top of the listing with the following options, and the price changes based on the selection:
Left Holster ($32.00)
Right Holster ($32.00)
20lb Weight System ($119.00)
Replacement Insert Only ($38.50)

Hope that helps.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom